Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cycle 5 Week 2

Well, we have had a busy week doing this,

this, (yeah after Halloween costume sales!)

and this,


Danny has had a pretty rough fifth cycle. Our nurse practitioner explained that by the fifth cycle his body is simply exhausted of being "toxic". The fatigue and pain are cumulative and by now he has experienced enough chemo that he is just a lot weaker. His shots have given him a lot more pain this week, and while he has some good painkillers that usually knock out the pain, this week they are much less effective. He is simply taking more of them, and they're just taking the edge off. The pain killers did mask a lot of fatigue though-when he went to get his blood checked his hemoglobin was considerably lower than normal and he needed another blood transfusion. He spent the whole day in the hospital, which wasn't fun, but hopefully he'll have more energy this relief week with all his new blood.

Sorry I haven't been very good about updating lately-it isn't as fun to update on the harder weeks. On the up side-Becca is coming in less than a week! We're going to this:!!!!

6 comments:

  1. So jealous!!! Not of cancer (sorry you guys) but of So You Think You Can Dance Tour 2009!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute costumes. I love sales! woohoo! Danny, hope you get to feeling better man. Sounds like it's been a really rough week, and that's probably a huge understatement of the century. So You think you can dance, huh? how cool to go to one of those! So are you like those people in the American Idol crowd when they sing on tv? That sounds super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SYTYCD Tour 09 is going to be awesome. I'm so excited! I watched the addiction dance again today, just because. I think we need to both have binoculars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that Danny is having a rough cycle. He's getting closer to being done, though. That's something. I am so jealous of your SYTYCD outing. I don't think I could get Brad to go with me to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Danny, I'm so sorry that he's struggling. Hang in there, everyone's praying for you and I hope relief week comes super fast!! We love you guys and how exciting that you are going to the tour and that your sister will be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been watching SYTYCD this season and I love it! How cool that you are going to the concert.

    ReplyDelete