Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lucy's Baptism

After a rather wild birthday week we woke up on Saturday ready for Lucy's baptism. Lucy woke up with a fever and not feeling to great, but she was brave and still managed to have a great morning. By the time the ordinance was done, however, she was pooped and spent the rest of the day in bed.

A couple of weeks before Lucy and I went out in the hills behind Grandma's house and in her back yard and took some pictures in her baptism dress. I love these pictures of my beautiful girl.
We arrived early enough to take a bunch if pictures before her baptism.  It was just Lucy being baptized so we determined the program. Bishop Cropper conducted the meeting, Katy conducted the music and Grandma Joyce played the piano. Grandpa Steve gave the first talk followed by a musical number "Baptism" by my sisters and all our girls. It was very fun to sing the song all together after singing it so many times as a child. Then Lucy was baptized by her dad. I remember when I was baptized seeing my mom crying at the top of the steps looking down at me. It was so surreal to be standing in that same spot looking down at my oldest daughter. I am so proud of her. So happy that she chose to be bapstized, so proud of the wonderful girl that she is. 

After the ordinance I took her back and she got changed. I quickly french braided her hair and we were sitting back in our seats before Danny made it out of his changing room! During the interim Lindsay sang a beautiful song.  Once Danny returned Grandma Karen gave a talk about the Holy Ghost. Afterwards Lucy received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Grandpa Steve, Grandpa Greg, Uncle Eric, Uncle Jason and Uncle Mike all joined in the circle. Our bishop made some remarks before closing the meeting. So many people came to see Lucy baptized-what a perfect day!


After the meeting we went back to the Leininger's for lunch. We had a very nice lunch all together and hen Lucy was able to open some special presents from her grandparents. Lucy slept the rest of the day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment