Hawaii! Danny and I have been looking forward to this trip all year. Last year the Leininger family had a temple attendance goal and the reward was a group, adult-only trip to Hawaii. We all made it! Becca and her girls kindly came out to play with my girls while we were gone for 6 days.
Danny takes his vacationing very seriously. He was very comfortable on the way there...
We arrived! We stayed in a home just down the street from the beach. It had a glorious, incredibly warm pool and lots of comfy chairs for reading. I spent the whole week reading my book by the pool and swimming/boogie boarding in the ocean.
Isn;t this the most beautiful backdrop for your church building?!
Exploring tide pools Sunday afternoon.
Poli Lookout
Danny went on morning runs and then would swim in the ocean as the sun was rising.
I became a boogie boarding queen on our little beach.
While others snorkeled down the beach I watched and did some serious reading.
We went on two very fun hikes. The first was a ridge trail. We hiked in the trees for about 3 miles and then all of the sudden you were walking on the ridge of the moutain. We could see the whole south of the island-it was gorgeous.
Our second hike was to a falls that we've done before. Its a favorite:) This time the path was deserted and we had the falls all to ourselves.
Every day we went to Island Snow at least once. Everyone was adventurous with their flavors but I got the same combo every time-pina colada, pineapple and cherry. Can't improve on perfection.
The last day Danny rented a surfboard and we all took turns surfing these cute waves. After falling off spectacuarly I boogie boarded to my hearts content. As the water calmed Danny, Emily and I had so much fun just swimming and floating in the ocean. Our little patch of Kailua is like no where else:)












No comments:
Post a Comment