Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pixar!

Last week we had the incredible chance to tour Pixar studios. We have a friend that works there and when he offered us a personal tour we jumped at it!

Danny has had a very hard time sleeping lately. He went to the doctor the day before our tour and was given a ton of drugs to help. He took all of them. I took this embarrassing picture just after I took his pulse to make sure he wasn't dead. I'm afraid I hate this sleeping face because I saw it so much when he had cancer. Bad associations. I shook Danny awake two hours before our tour and he kind of stumbled around trying to get ready quickly. He was a bit out of it the rest of the day. I was happy he was able to go at all!
 I always like looking out for Pixar as I drive to Ikea, so it was super exciting to turn down the street and go through the gates!
Our friend was so generous with his time-he took us around the whole complex and taught us a lot about the animation process. You are only allowed to take pictures in a few places while inside so we took advantage.
 Luigi and Guido were standing right inside the front door-Lucy was thrilled. Grandma Marilyn bought her this Merida doll as a special reminder of our fun trip and Lucy is in love with it.
It was such an awesome once in a lifetime experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment