Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life as we wait

Tomorrow Danny has his second biopsy. He met with the thoracic surgeon on Tuesday and got the run down. Marilyn, Steve, Danny and I are spending the night in Palo Alto because Danny reports to the surgery center at 5:15 AM on Friday. He'll be put under completely while they make a small incision in his throat and put a tube down there to cut small chunks of lymph nodes out of his lungs. As I understand it at least:)
 Shockingly Danny is very excited. I'm just excited I get to go instead of staying home and wondering home it is going. Now I can wonder from the waiting room:) The surgeon told us to expect the pathology in 4-5 business days. With stinking Memorial day that puts us at next Friday or the following Monday. Can't come soon enough for me.
While we've been waiting we've been trying to live life normally-but that isn't too possible. I've been trying to think the worse so that I can be happy when the news hopefully is good-you get really weird psychologically during times like this. I keep worrying about jinxing it etc-obviously totally rediculous-but I'm going pretty crazy at this point. Anyway on Saturday we got to see Star Trek with my family. The movie ended and I was so happy! I LOVED the movie and had such a fun time-but I felt so weird. After thinking about it I realized that I felt relaxed and simply happy. There was no fear or worry hanging over me like normal.  That is when I realized that the mono possibility and weaseled its way into my heart and I now fully hope/expect it not to be cancer. 
I seriously hope so now because I don't know how to go back to those feelings again!

When I take pics of Danny he only gives me weird faces now. I guess that is what happens when you've been married over 8 years-no more pretending.


I got a bike! We live in such a perfect place for biking that I had been secretly wanting one for awhile. Lucy got a new bigger bike for her birthday so we've had a great time biking to school and going on rides together.

 The babies and I have been enjoying our perfect weather and playing outside.  We are finally benefiting from one of the many joys of having twins: they play.  I get to sit lazily while these girls run around together, explore together and push each other around on this toy at the park. They are good friends and it makes me so happy.

Update this weekend on Danny's surgery!

1 comment:

  1. look how cute those girls are! Hoping for the best this weekend. I hope for blow by blow text messages. :)

    ReplyDelete