Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 4 and Private

For my birthday this year Danny is buying me two blog books that span from April 2008 to April 2011. I used Blurb to make them and it was really fun to look over that time span of my blog.  Putting those books together made me want to be a better journal writer again. For that reason I'm going to make this blog private. I kind of forgot it wasn't...but when I started it I pruposely wanted it to be public so anyone who had heard of Danny's cancer could get an update on him. Now that it is back to being mostly about the girls, I think I would write more often if I didn't have to feel self conscious or wary about who was reading it.  So comment with your email if you want an invite. Anderson fam, you're probably the only readers these days-no email required:)

I'd planned on posting about most of July, but the Olympics are on and I need to fold laundry for our upcoming vacation ( and I started downloading pics and there were over 40!). 

The first week of July the babies got really sick. Lydia got the fever first and Joyce had it 24 hours later.  They each had a fever of about 103 with it hitting 104 each evening. I switched between motrin and tylenol but it was a horrible week. They each had the fever for about five days. After a hard weekend I went in to the doctor and they said it was just one of those horrible viruses-not their ears or hand,foot and mouth-nothing I could give them antibiotics for. After the fifth day they got a rash that spread all over their bodies, but fortunately that marked the beginning of the end.  The whole thing was incredibly difficult for me. The weekend was manageable because Danny and I each just held and rocked a baby, but once Danny went back to school I had both miserable babies. My only goal each day was to keep us all hydrated. I was so relieved when they finally started smiling again.

The girls were still feeling pretty gross over the fourth of July but we still tried to get out of the house and have fun. We joined the Page's for the Murray parade and had a great time. Lucy and Hutch loved waving at the floats and cars hoping to get some candy. I still have that candy in a bag in the pantry-one of these days I'll stop hiding the candy Lucy gets from things, but since she usually doesn't miss it, maybe not.
After the parade we went to Sugar House Park where they had lots of street food, music and games during the day. I enjoyed some teriyaki and Danny had some serious bbq ribs and corn.  This picture really shows you how Joyce was feeling.
  That evening we set off our first sparklers. Lucy loved it and went through three boxes of them before she had to head off to fireworks. Sugar House Park has the best fireworks around and since it is relatively close Danny and Lucy biked there. This turned out to be a good decision because he said it was crazy busy. Lucy loved being old enough to go watch fireworks late at night and had a great time with her dad.






10 comments:

  1. The only thing worse then 1 sick baby is 2 sick babies. So sorry and I'm glad it's over with and I'd love to be invited dianaholt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, two sick babies needing snuggles! I'm so glad they are over it. I would love an invite missmariss@gmail.com to keep up on your cute fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to cutest girls and family. mdh.hansen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I have twin girls too (19 months) and I found your blog when you posted a comment on my blog a long time ago. I went private with my blog as well a month ago. It was a hard decision to make, cause I was worried no one would go to the bother of checking my blog if they have to sign in and they don't get the notices. I am glad I did it now, but at first I wondered if it was right to do. I just figured it wasn't worth the risk, besides it was mostly family who saw it anyways. We should have a play date sometime with our girls. We live in Salt Lake too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! We'd love a playdate. What is your email address? I can't seem to find your blog on my bookmarks list even though I know it was there. I'd love to be added to your blog as well. My email is christy.leinfam@gmail.com.

      Delete
  5. I love catching up on your cute family adventures. We live in UT now! We should do lunch sometime. eahills@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy!

    I love reading your blog and hearing about your beautiful daughters. They are all growing way to fast. It is hard to believe that Justin and Jeremy will be startong highschool in 4 weeks. It seems like just yesterday that Justin walked into your Mom's classroom for the first time. Don't blink or yours will be grown up before you know it. I would love to be invited to continue reading your blog if it is okay with you! akamommy@pacbell.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog and would love to have an invite to continue: jeffersonandchristina@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading about your sweet family! I'd love an invite to keep reading if you don't mind. My email is mubecca@sbcglobal.net

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. abomb36@hotmail.com I still read! Not as often as I used to since I have been on a blogging hiatus myself, but I would love an invite. I should get back into it as well. Just so unmotivated.

    ReplyDelete