Monday, July 30, 2012

Everyday life

This is my picture dump to sum up our July activities. This last week Lucy had her last day of ballet/tap. She has really loved this class. It is for girls 5-8 years old and really focuses on technique. I love that she's old enough to be learning the names of the steps and really getting her form down. My Mom stayed an extra day so she could watch with me.

The only problem with our cute little house is that we have no AC. Our swamp cooler does its best but it is often not quite enough. Our power went off the other day and we resorted to freezing tap water to cool us off.  This lasts for about ten minutes before the babies start for the road.


Lucy has been taking swimming lessons and loving them. She had never taken classes before this summer so I started her off in the Preschool 1 group. Turns out it was for 3-4 year olds and they pretty much just played games the whole time. The second session was a lot more productive (I moved her up 3 levels). She is just finishing level 2 and has loved it.  She is very proud that she can swim underwater (for about 3 strokes) and really wants to get better. We're missing a couple days of class when we head to CA but I'm hoping we can have Mom swimming lessons in my parent's pool. I will be so relieved when she can swim-I may actually attempt going to the pool then!



Lucy and I go to the park at least once a day-but usually during the babies' naps.  It is pretty hard to keep track of both little girls at the park, but recently I have been attempting it. Lucy and I both take a baby to "spot" and they love to climb on the equipment, go down slides (with Lucy) and swing on the baby swings.

We love hanging out with Ruby. Ruby is 7 months older than my girls, but we treat her like she is Lucy's age. She is incredibly gentle with my girls and loves playing with Lucy. She has just started saying all the girls' names and it is truly adorable.

This last Saturday we met the Page's and went to the Provo Beach Resort in the Riverwoods. Since we heard of this thing Danny has really wanted to try it. He and Bubba spent an hour playing in the water and had a great time. They feel experienced enough that now they say they need another visit to perfect their skills:)
While the boys "surfed" Jordan and I played with all the kids. They enjoyed the toddler room, carousel and splash pad.

Danny loves doing their hair weirdly. He took advantage of the wet to give them a "daddy hairstyle".


No comments:

Post a Comment