Monday, July 30, 2012

Daybreak

It is surprising how relieved I am feeling now that I'm catching up on this blog! I really do want to have a good record of our daily lives.  A couple weeks ago we had half a Saturday with nothing to do so we drove down to Daybreak (and it is only noteworthy because I actually got out my camera and took some pics). Daybreak is this town out west of South Jordan. Danny wanted to go see it because it is a relatively recent planned community that they have mentioned in several of his classes. We had a fun drive down (I wish they had an in-n-out closer to me-but this gave us an excuse to go:).  The town is essentially is a bunch of homes, a cute retail strip and a large reservoir with walking path around it. We had a great time walking around. Lucy was in a really funny mood and wanted to model for us. She did her famous pose most of the day
These girls are pretty content to stroll around as long as you chat with them occasionally. 
Lucy treated this handrail as her ballet bar and gave us a little recital.


Afterwards we walked into an adorable children's boutique (I hope we're miraculously wealthy when I have my second set of twins in ten years or so-I love baby stuff).  We also enjoyed some delicious gelato at a cute dessert cafe.

On our way home we decided we weren't actually ready to go home so we turned around and headed to Orem for dinner. We ate at Bajio (my favorite Mexican place) and The Chocolate. Their salted caramel brownie has taken Dr. Pepper's place as my favorite addiction. Fortunately they are a lot harder to obtain so it hasn't done me too great a harm yet. ( Although whenever I do go south I manage to bring a few home for my freezer. I need to stop that.) It was really fun to just do something a little different with Danny for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment