Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Triple Party!

The title of this post could also have been: A Gazillion Pictures. 

While Mom and Katy were in town we decided to throw a little birthday party for my girls (if you remember my kids have three birthdays in two days) with my mom's family. We don't all see each other too often and it was really fun to get together. We met at the park across from my house and had a great time together. My mom and Lucy made this awesome Rapunzel cake ( Lucy cracked the eggs, stirred the batter and licked the bowl and my mom did everything else.)

The babies had a riot. I bought these little matching onesies on clearance when they were about two months old. At the time I wasn't sure I'd survive their first birthday:)

We sat around and visited, played frisbee, at pizza, played at the park and gave kids rides in the wagon.

After dinner we had a pinata. Lucy and I made this pinata together and had a great time doing it. I was planning on printing out the Wanted poster of Flynn Rider for two sides of it, but when I tried I was completely out of ink. I sketched this out instead. I have almost no artistic ability so I was pretty proud of the result:)
 
When I asked Lucy to pose with the pinata and frying pan I got this shot:
 


Everyone got a turn,although the little kids used this bat rather than the pan. We went through each child twice before Uncle Steve had to demolish it.


We brought out the highchairs so the babies could have their first bites of cake. After a bit of uncertainty Lydia got into it. Joyce hated everyone looking at her and screamed into Danny's shoulder until he picked her up. Could my girls be any more different?:)


Lucy put on her own makeup for the event.  I guess she has seen Becca filling in her blonde eyebrows.




My favorite shot of the night:

Joyce did end up loving the cake, just on her own terms.


People kindly brought my girls presents. Lyd was still going at the cake so Joyce was my special helper. They got some cute outfits, books and a great set of blocks.
This bag was so big we put them inside. Most of the pictures I have hide Lydia because she immediately sat down and played with the surrounding tissue paper.


I almost deleted this picture as soon as I saw my face. Don't you love the overly-expressive-fake-enthusiasm on my face? It was an awesome present but nothing warrants that face!


Sarah and Ruby became good friends. I think Sarah took Ruby up the stairs to the twisty slide a hundred times. We are so lucky to have nice cousins.
 
 



2 comments:

  1. The only thing better than that party is seeing the photos! Thanks for ALL of them. Dad and I have oohed over them for several minutes now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Katy had clearly been on MY computer and not changed it back to my name.....

    ReplyDelete