Lucy determined our schedule for the day. For breakfast she requested banana pancakes. I went to work out and while I was gone Danny went about making them. Unfortunately he left some butter on the stove while he ran out with the kids to buy eggs and came home to a house full of smoke. Nothing was damaged, but after 24 hours airing out, it still smells. Anyway, we decided to let it air out and walked over to Eggs in the City for breakfast.
Afterward Lucy prepared for preschool. On your birthday at school you get to do a special show and tell where you can bring a bag of things you love and show who you are. Lucy packed: her Lamby, a baby picture, her Princess autograph book, and her favorite book (Brown bear brown bear-she said its her favorite because she can read it all by herself). Then we made some cookies to take to school to share. Right before school her friend Fiona came and we had a little party (because Danny had school all night). We ate cupcakes and sang Happy birthday
then unwrapped presents. Lucy was so excited about this bubble bath.
She loved this new Cinderella outfit for her teddy Sarah from her Grandma and Grandpa Leininger. It included a wig!
Weeks ago Lucy left the Disney store with Becca saying that she really wanted a Miss Piggy doll she saw there. I told her "maybe for her birthday" like a I reply after everything she wants. Well, she did not forget about Miss Piggy, but I did. I was planning to get it online but completely forgot about it. The week before her birthday I called the two Disney stores in UT every day asking if they and one in stock-no luck. One day my mom did the same in CA, found a doll in Fairfield and drove all the way out there with my dad. She put it in the mail for overnight delivery and it arrive in time! Bless her forever. Lucy was THRILLED. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
After a fun day at school we picked up Danny, who was on a break, and drove to City Creek to play in their splash pad. Lucy loved it and Danny sacrificed his own clothes to let the babies play in the water too (they weren't wearing shoes so they couldn't sit or walk around).




What a fabulous five year old!
ReplyDeleteHard to believe Lucy is five. She is TOO cute!
ReplyDelete