Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Trimming the Tree


I love decorating for Christmas with a preschooler. Lucy has been so excited this year.  Last weekend we decorated Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Aunt Katy got home from Telluride just in time. Lucy set up the tree with grandpa and then put up all of Grandma's decorations with Katy and Grandma.

One week later we went and bought a Christmas tree.  We've never had a tree before-we always spend the weeks before Christmas with family-so we were excited to get a little tree for our little house. Danny wanted the experience of finding a tree in the lot-so we went for a real tree.  Danny and Lucy went around looking and smelling tree while the babies and I tried to stay warm. Eventually we left the big beautiful trees and found a perfect tree for us (I only had $18 in cash-lucky our tree was only $14:)
 After church we decorated it.  One of our Leininger traditions is to receive a new ornament every year.  This year Lucy's ornament is a beautiful Rapunzel. This afternoon she told me she  "wanted to cry she loved it so much". She caresses it constantly:)






The babies got ornaments this year too.

We decorated our house, put lights in the windows and listen to Christmas music constantly. I love December.

1 comment: