| One of the few pics I have of me and both babes:) |
All the kids are finally in bed, my dishwasher and my washing machine are going and the Amazing Race is playing in the background. Whew. Danny is on the way home from the airport. He has been in Utah for three days and while I wish he was coming home rejuvenated and relaxed, but he is coming home tried and sick instead. Poor guy. Poor me too-I've been sleeping in the same room with all of my girls for the last two nights-so none of us have slept very well. It was worth it though because we spent two wonderful days in Yosemite this weekend with Katy and my parents. They had a fun trip planned and when they heard Danny would be gone they changed plans a bit and invited me along. Isn't that kind? We had a terrific time. We drove up Saturday morning and through Yosemite and across Tioga pass (my parents favorite Sierra crossing. Isn't it cute they have a favorite mountain crossing? They love exploring together:) There was a ton of snow up there after our wet week. We stopped at Lake Tanaya. Mom and Dad go up there every year to kayak and I've been hearing about its beauty for ages--it did not disappoint.
We tromped through the snow and took turns kayaking and watching babies. Lucy and Katy made a little snow man and there were several small snow ball fights (I was off limits because I had the camera-good excuse huh?) I also caught a couple cute pics of my babies in their winter gear:)
| playing "blast off" with grandma (grandpa taught her the game though -I knew you'd want credit for it dad) |
Afterwards we drove down the pass to Mono lake and went to Whoa Nellie Deli, another tradition I've heard about, and then to a cute ice cream stop. We stayed the night at the Yosemite Lodge. The night was interesting. The babies shared a travel crib which meant I had to constantly move them around so they wouldn't kick or suck on each other. I also jumped up every time they cried so that they wouldn't wake anyone up. They must cry and sooth themselves a lot more often then I hear at home because I was up at least once an hour. Usually it just meant putting in a binkie and they'd be back asleep but Joyce let out some piercing screams in one instance and had a hard time falling back to sleep. I shouldn't have worried about it because everyone woke up anyway:)
In the morning my saintly mother let Lucy climb in bed with her for awhile and then got the babies up when they started making noise while I slept a bit. I woke up to Lucy taking and narrating a video on mom's iphone. I think she took about 200 pictures and at least 30 minutes of video in that hotel room. After a leisurly morning Dad and Kate biked up to Muir Lake while Mom and I strolled the babies and Lucy up to Yosemite Falls. We had a fun little nature walk. After a walk into Yosemite Village we set off for home again.
| at Yosemite Falls |
![]() |
| Lydia was so smily and cute that e got a lot of attention on our walk. Weird to smile at strangers that are smiling at you...but are really just cooing at the baby on you. |
| Our car set-up. Katy usually ended up by the baby that was having a harder time...not sure how that happened! |
It was such a nice getaway. Lucy and I were still excited to get home and see Daddy though:)




First off, you are gorgeous, Christy! You are positively glowing in these pictures. The babies are so big and adorable. It looks like y'all had a wonderful trip. I am so jealous you get to hang out with Katy all the time :)
ReplyDeleteI'm still kind of in shock that we actually had a fun time--so many babies! so long in the car! etc! But it was way fun. Pop pop Christy!
ReplyDeleteThe game is called "Rocket Girl", not "Blast Off"
ReplyDelete