Friday, October 7, 2011

First Bites

When Lucy was four months I got very excited to start feeding her solids.  I have hardly thought about it with these babies.  It mostly sounds like a lot of work. However, the girls have shown a lot of interest in our food lately. While I don't really plan on feeding them solids regularly quite yet, I decided to do a test run with some brown rice cereal and see how they liked it.

 Joyce has been very curious about our food and she was excited to try some. Her tongue thrust is still in full force however and she hardly got any cereal in her mouth, although she certainly tried.
 Lydia was anxious to get started...

...but was less interested once she got a tiny taste. She didn't hesitate to spit the rest out.

I was curious so I dared Katy to try a little cereal (curious, but not enough to try it myself!).  She was willing until I told her I mixed it with some formula. I told her to be happy I didn't mix it with breast milk! Never one to turn down a dare she took the tiniest of tastes and promptly gagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment