Well, a week before my birthday we went to the temple with all of Danny's parents and siblings. It was the first time we were all there together and first time I went after having the babies. We had a great time and afterward Danny wanted to go on a walk around the temple. He had dragged a large backpack with him, which I made fun of him for, and we took a walk. I noticed Danny was feeling sentimental, (yes I am lucky enough to have married a very romantic man who gets in "sentimental moods" occasionally.) but I thought it was because he was reminiscing about our wedding lo those many years ago. Overlooking the city he asked me if I could have anything I wanted for my birthday, what it would be. I immediately replied that I would want portraits taken of all my girls (so many of you cute blog moms have these awesome cameras and are constantly posting beautiful pictures of your children! I've been jealous). Danny laughed at me because he knows I'm slightly obsessed with taking the perfect family picture too (which I know doesn't really exist.) Then he produced two boxes out of his backpack containing one of those fancy cameras previously mentioned. I almost died.
| first picture taken with my Nikon |
On my birthday Danny made me a terrific waffle breakfast and our moms took the babies so we could go see Harry potter in 3D. We had such a good time, I usually hate 3D but I really liked seeing Harry Potter a second time and the 3D was awesome. Afterward we met mom and Kate for a fun birthday lunch at Tomatina. Then we picked up babies and Danny/Katy watched the girls while I got to go to my favorite workout class. We then had a fun dinner and presents. Danny put together a list of 28 things my family appreciated about me (they really had to search for that many!) and he gave me my favorite treats in quantities of 28.
| on my birthday-not doing my camera justice, but I need to learn how to use it! |
People were so generous with their time and love all day. I have never had such a wonderful birthday. I'm quite sure it is a sign that 28 will be an awesome year for me (I know 27 was:)

This almost made me cry! Danny is so sweet. I'm happy you have a fancy camera! I also loved the 28 ounces of Dr. Pepper and the 28 RED sour patch kids. Awesome.
ReplyDelete