Friday, August 5, 2011

3 months

While out and about, we get a lot of attention.  Mostly people just smile at me but the moms of twins or people that are twins themselves often talk to me as well.  I really enjoy talking to them and hearing a few of their survival tricks.  The general consensus is that things get easier at about three months and then again when the twins turn one.  Well, my babies are officially three months! It felt like a little milestone to put them in their 3 month outfits-and the life with twins has definitely gotten easier.  Part of it is that they're so much more...durable. Maybe that isn't the right word. What I mean is, I can pick them up with one hand if I really need to. I can wait to feed them until we get to a destination without being too worried that I'm starving them. Does that make sense? They also sleep really well. They have always put themselves to sleep in bed, but instead of waking up at one needing there binkies put in and then eating at 3 AM, I put their binkies back in at 3 and feed them at 5 AM. That is a HUGE difference. Then they sleep until 8AM or even later! I always feed both of them, even if only one wakes up hungry, to keep them on the same schedule. Yesterday I got too lazy and didn't wake Joyce up after feeding Lydia. Well, Joyce slept through until the 8 AM feeding! It was crazy! I may nt let her do it again, but hopefully both girls can start that soon:) Getting enough sleep has made a huge difference in our lives.

Interacting with the girls has also gotten so fun. They talk and smile at us all the time now. They LOVE any attention they can get from anyone. They are also getting very good at entertaining themselves. They play on their mat together, love the toys hanging over their bouncers and love our reading time.  They are still good car seat sleepers and players so they make errands pretty easy as well. They love to be outside and observe all the things going on around them.

I am constantly surprised by how different these girls are.  At this young you'd think they'd simply be babies-hitting the same milestones, eating, sleeping. I'm amazed by how early you see aspects of their different personalities.
In Tahoe with Grandma and Grandpa

Joyce







My Joycie is so cute. I feel like her face changes constantly.  She is still not quite as ready to smile as her sister, but when she does it changes her whole face-her eyes light up. Joycie has a harder time sleeping during the day, but sleeps like a rock at night. She has very dry, eczema prone skin that requires tons of aquafor. She is a thoughtful baby. I can actually see her thinking and figuring things out. She is a big talker and an even bigger spitter. She is a perfect baby.

Lydia




My Lydie ( or Lyd, or Lydia Jane or wide eyes) is adorable. It looks like she is always smiling-but when she really smiles at you she radiates happiness. She has huge, beautiful eyes and incredibly long eyelashes.  She takes her binkie a bit better than Joycie and is more easily soothed in general. She has started being a drooler (Lucy NEVER drooled. I'm hoping she grows out of this:)  While both my girls are on the thin side, Lyd has started getting a little round tummy that I love.  She is a perfect baby.

When things were especially tricky a couple months ago I remember telling Danny several times that life would get easier one day. That the girls would start smiling, playing and sleeping more. I tried to believe it but in our exhaustion I forgot it sometimes too. I am loving three months and want to really appreciate this fun stage.

On Jule 31st I happened to remember that a year ago to the day our first attempt at IVF had been unsuccessful.  That was a horrible day I won't forget. At the time I was so hurt and mad. This has happened to me so many times before, but once again I am so grateful in retrospect.  I can't imagine not having one of my babies. I feel so lucky I was blessed with two. We can't just pop them out anymore :) They are each so precious and I am so happy they were able to come to us together. Here they were one year ago:

and today:

4 comments:

  1. The last bit of this post made me cry. I am so glad you get to be their mom! I love how you said: "She is a perfect baby" about each one! So cute. I can definitely tell how much you love them. Happy 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! Glad you got to have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and Danny. SOOO HAPPY! I know how special these girls are. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete