We just returned from the second annual Anderson Reunion and the second time we've stayed in a condo in Star Harbor. It is close to heaven on earth. We went swimming every day (most of us swam in the warm pool but Danny swam in the lake daily as well), a pier and dock for boating, safe area for scootering (just Lucy:), and a cute condo that fits us perfectly.
We had an incredible time. I think we get used to the hectic, every day life. I had forgotten what carefree Danny was like. For that matter, I forgot what carefree Christy was like too! Danny was in his element. This year my dad bought a stand up paddle board and Danny practically lived on it. He helped me with the babies, ate, slept and was on the water the rest of the time. Becca and I also loved the paddle board (but there will be no photo evidence of us in wet suits on this blog-or the internet in general I hope...). I shouldn't have been surprised but Lucy also LOVED the water. She loved swimming every day (Aunt Becca also loves swimming so they went together if no one else felt like it) and she really enjoyed kayaking. Danny and I took her kayaking down the river and she thought the little rapids were really exciting.
Joyce and Lydia had fun hanging out in the condo with whoever was willing to hold them, going on walks in the stroller and mobys and playing on their mat. I had resigned myself to the fact that this vacation would be a bit different for me. I expected to be stuck to my nursing pillow and sitting by the window watching all the acivity around me. Well, while I did nurse a large portion of the time, my family really went out of there way to give me a break. Danny let me sleep in every morning and took over the first feeding. My mom and dad played with babies while Bec and I played on the paddle board. Grandma Joyce and Bec held screaming babies while I kayaked down the river. I really appreciated the break from my normal duties-which are pretty consuming at the moment.
| Yeah! I never catch Joyce smiling on camera! |
We all had such a nice vacation-just relaxing and recharging. Now back to real life!
more to come: minute to win it FHE, family photos (with Danny looking homeless because if you swim in the lake you don't have to bath right?) and Danny SUPing in the dark.



You are quick! Can't wait for the next installment...
ReplyDelete