You may remember from previous posts that Lucy has always LOVED having long hair. She equates long hair with princesses and lately with Rapunzel. After her last haircut (which took several bribes to happen at all) she was hysterical and for weeks she told me how much she hated it. Well, two days ago as she was walking to bed she casually says, "Oh, I want a haircut Mommy" and then shut her bedroom door. We were shocked and thrilled. Her hair has been hard for me. No matter how cute we do it in the morning, it feels like after twenty minutes it is limp and ratty looking. When I mentioned the haircut idea the next day Lucy said she'd like to get it cut tomorrow-so my mom instantly made an appointment and we all kind of waited for her to want to back out. This morning she was really excited about it and so we put the babies in the stroller and went out! I had it cut pretty short (because who knows when I'll get her back in to cut it again) and think she looks so grown up! She did mention that she didn't love the cut-but she has also loved the attention from everyone telling her how great she looks. Hmmmm. As I read this post over, it really sounds like Lucy has us wrapped around her little finger and calls the shots. While that is partially true, I just want to clarify that to me haircuts are just not worth a fight. Dentist, doctor appointments, veggies, washing hands, brushing hair-all worth it, but haircuts just don't seem worth the struggle. Anyway-here are the before and afters:
 |
| long and scraggly |
 |
| On our way to cut it! |
 |
| Watching Dora while her hair is cut-she would sneak glances at the mirror to check out the progress. |
 |
| Cute and short! It is stacked a little in the back-doesn't she look mature?! |
SO CUTE! She looks like a little grown up! What a beautiful big girl.
ReplyDeleteTell Lucy that Kyle thinks her hair is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteIt's so cute!!! I love it!
ReplyDelete