My sisters will tell you that I hate Thanksgiving. That is not necessarily true, but it hasn't traditionally been my favorite holiday. I always appreciated getting out of school for a few days, I love being around my family and I love that the Christmas season starts directly afterward. I guess I just don't like the food. Anyway, this year we have come home for Thanksgiving. We are being smothered with attention from the grandmas and grandpas (almost literally smothered. My mom just asked Lucy if she could kiss her shoulders. Lucy said yes:) Yesterday we went to Tangled with my parents. Lucy has been really excited about seeing this movie in the theater for a long time. We LOVED it. It wasn't scary at all-which is a relief, Lucy is in a phase where she thinks everything is scary-and it was really sweet. We came home and played, I lay on the couch of course, and then got to go to my grandparents house for thanksgiving dinner. We had a terrific time and Lucy was very well behaved, which is a relief because Grandma Kay's house is a minefield of pretty Hummels, china and glassware. I'm always anxious that she will accidently break something. We ate a terrific meal and had a great time chatting. It has been one of my favorite Thanksgivings ever.
I have been feeling a bit stressed lately. I haven't blogged it, and will have to give the details later, but next week we are moving back to northern California. We have had a crazy couple of weeks trying to find new housing up here, get out of our housing contracts up there, I stress about my babies, my food intake, my liquid intake and I'm frustrated just laying around while everything happens around me. We're just a little overwhelmed. Anyway, I was trying to be grateful yesterday, but still just feeling generally stressed about things. Then I remembered our Thanksgiving last year. Although things are tricky right now, the Christy of 2009 would have been thrilled beyond belief to see where we are now. I just craved a healthy Danny and the knowledge that I'd be able to have children in the future. I have both of those right now. It has taken Danny a year to fully recover, but right now he is my Danny again. I feel so lucky to get to carry these babies. It is very likely that this is my last pregnancy and while it will not be normal or easy, I am so grateful that I get to experience it. Life is always challenging, and I have everything that matters.
Hurray for the Christmas season! I'm going to go turn on my Frank Sinatra tunes right now!
I read my blog post from last year and it was fun to read what she was thankful for last year. I just asked her and here it is:
food
hamburgers
tv
pencils
computers
pictures
princesses
disneyland
tvs again
baby Ruby
Mom
Zara (her best friend in Irvine)
Then she started saying all the items that were around her-garbage cans, kleenex etc. Crazy girl.
Christy dear, I love you and love reading your updates but you have got to add some line breaks for the sake of my poor eyes!
ReplyDeleteBut I'm so glad this Thanksgiving is so much happier than the last one :)
God bless you and your little growing family. Love from us to you!
ReplyDeleteYou left out kissing her ears and eyebrows :) Not in a smothering way!
ReplyDelete