Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Moving

I wonder how many of my posts are titled Moving? Yes, we have moved again! We have had a wild couple of months. We enjoyed our short time in Irvine, but after my two weeks of strict bedrest we decided that we wanted to come "home".  Danny was not enjoying his program and decided that it wasn't taking him where he wanted to go professionally.  We toyed with sticking around southern CA and some job options there, but decided that given our situation, it would be a lot easier to be by family.  After Thanksgiving we drove home and packed everything up in one week (and when I say "we" I mean "Danny").  Last Saturday my parents came out and helped us clean and pack the truck and then Sunday we drove back here and unpacked. We have rented a cute little house in Pleasant Hill that we really like. This week we are painting and then we'll take our time moving in. We'll stay at my house through Christmas to be closer to the fun when Becca, Katy and Ruby arrive. We can't wait!

In pregnancy news, I am 18 weeks! Last week I had the big ultrasound and we learned we are having two girls! We are very excited. When I told Lucy she said "Of course!" like there was really no other option.  Coming from a family of three girls, I think it will be awesome. My practical side is ecstatic because I already have a ton of girl clothes all in the perfect season (Lucy's birthday is in April too).  These babies will get some wonderful hand-me-downs which will save me a ton.  At 15 weeks I saw my perinatologist and she put me on moderate bedrest earlier then I had expected-so for the last weeks I have been laying down a few hours in the morning and then most of the afternoon and evening.  Danny has done a great job taking care of me and everything else. The bedrest hasn't been too bad because I can get up for meals-which was one of the hardest things about my last pregnancy-it is hard to digest laying down!  One thing I have missed is my appetite-I have to force myself to eat and drink because things are still tasting gross and without much activity I am simply not hungry.

I can whine now because I received some awesome news today. I've transferred my care up to Northern CA again, so I met with a new perinatologist today. After looking at my cervix (freakishly long today-go me!) he said that he thought my previous doctor was a little conservative and wants me to stay up for the next two weeks as a kind of experiment. I have an appointment right before Christmas and we'll see how the standing/activity/sitting affected me. I am beyond thrilled. It felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. I have been pretty good at making good choices about what I can and can't do during this period of bedrest-but to not have to think about it at all is such a relief! I can be a mostly normal pregnant-with-twins mom now! To celebrate I took Lucy to the Disney store to look around and think about what she wants to ask Santa for-something frivolous I would never have done before! She thinks she's going to ask for a Rapunzel doll. If Santa had any cash he would want to get her a lot more then that-they had so many fun things! I love spoiling my cute girl.  Anyway, those are the current events. I need to find my camera amongst all of our bags and start taking pics again so I can share our fun Christmas activities. Until then!

2 comments:

  1. Two girls!! That is so so exciting. I'm sure Lucy will be thrilled. And that's awesome that you get to move around a bit more.

    And thank you for the paragraph spacing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy you sound SO HAPPY. It's funny. We are going to have so much fun starting SATURDAY!

    ReplyDelete