



Lucy sat on my mom's lap (mom loved the hugs) during the first half of the show. She got super excited when Minnie and Mickey came out at the beginning and then had a enthralled/excited/slightly scared expression the rest of the time. I kept looking over at her to make sure she was okay and she was just wide eyed taking it all in. When all the princesses started dancing together at the end of the first act she looked at me and said, "All of my friends in pretty dresses!" and then just kept repeating "All my friends!". I have to admit that I started crying at that point-a random mixture of joy and sadness I guess. The second half was the Cinderella story in better detail than the others and Lucy LOVED it. When Gus got on the stage she freaked out. She adores that little mouse. Okay-that is enough detail about all of that-we loved it.




The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur fro me. We walked a block down to the ocean and went on several walks along the cliffs. Lucy had a riot playing with/bossing around Bennett. She really loved having someone to play with. We watched episodes of Glee and Modern Family, I read a terrific book, and we went on a fun shopping expedition downtown.

Aw Steve and I were laughing at how cute Lucy's comments were :) We're happy you guys had a nice break, Lucy's as cute as ever! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see the photos of our fabulous day! I loved how Lucy said, "Hi Cinderella" to that little girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you are half way! good luck- I think about you both often and just so glad you could have this fun week. julie said she was going to go out- glad you could all be together! and I loved lucy's cute face watching the princesses and her darling reactions. too cute of her!
ReplyDeleteWE are so Glad to see you guys having so much fun! I LOVE SANTA CRUZ!
ReplyDeleteyay!!! I'm so happy that all you (little) ladies had such a magical date with the princesses on ice. It is quite amazing, eh? How wonderful is family when the going gets tough??!! What a great feeling is togetherness, and being in a moment where you can really just spill your beans about everything happening. It's like we live in a snowglobe at times and can only really take in so much. We're so glad you're half way through! Crazy!! You guys are HALF WAY THROUGH!! Remember when you were just beginning?? Look how much you have fought and fought! The heavens are with you! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI love love the look on Lucy's face during the princess show, so sweet! I'm glad you girls had fun and I love her costume, what a cutie she is. Yeah for being half way done, that is absolutely wonderful! Again your sweet family is always in our prayers and we love you guys so much! I'm glad you enjoyed Santa Cruz, what a beautiful place that is. Wow, 7000...I can't believe that. I'm glad you guys have great insurance. :) Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteHow fantastic that you are halfway-- I love the pictures of Lucy. She looks so happy. Love too that picture of the older Leininger crew (flashbacks to carpool when we were young). Good luck with second half!
ReplyDelete