Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Call

When the Dr. calls at 8 PM it is either really bad news or really good news. Last night we were lucky enough to receive some really good news. Danny had him email us the findings of his CT scan this morning so he could remember the exact words the Dr. used:
"Showed no evidence of any abnormal lymph nodes. Only remaining finding is of a minimally enlarged spleen (which always takes time to shrink to normal. Congratulations."
Very good news. We are incredibly excited. At this point nothing in our treatment has changed, but there is a slight possibility that we won't have to do as many cycles. We'll see the Dr. next Monday and plead with him, but if it is in Danny's best interest to do four more cycles than we'll do it.
A very good start to our Relief Week.

Okay now some less exciting news that I am really excited about. Yesterday I saw the blog of some friends that took their little girl to a Disney Princess ice show. It takes very little on some days for me to fall apart and yesterday was one of those days. I may not have mentioned it but one of my coping mechanisms is to buy princess things for Lucy. She LOVES princesses right now so I have bought every silly dollar store item with a Disney princess on it. I buy her Princess stickers whenever I pass them. I guess it is just a way to compensate for what I perceive she has lost in this time. Well I decided it was silly of me to want to go so badly, but the next thing I knew my Mom and Marilyn were online buying tickets for all of us girls to go. So this Friday Mom, Marilyn, Julie, Bennett and Emily will be at
Thanks Mom and Marilyn for ignoring my denials, seeing past my dry eyes and knowing instinctively that I really wanted this. Lucy is going to FREAK OUT!

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME! This is fantastic news! Danny you have one amazing body. Christy, my kids were spoiled when I went through treatments, so I say spoil away. This is hard on everyone, especially the children. Have fun at Disney on Ice! You deserve it. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o man! what great news about Danny's kikin cancer body! YAY DANNY!!! Christy, it must be really hard to have the brunt of the parenting on your shoulders, and then feel sometimes that it's not enough for all you want to do for your sweet Lucy. So you know, Jared took me to the princess Wishes ice show for my birthday while we lived in Utah and it was SOOOO awesome! We giggled that we were surrounded by all these little dressed up, dolled up princesses with their little wands, etc. SO cute! Bring stuff that already lights up so you won't buy the psycho overpriced stuff, and man, just enjoy it! SO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is SO COOL! BOTH things; I cannot decide which is better! :) Man, if only I were in town!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! I am SO excited about both of these things. How great that the doctor is even excited about Danny's progress. What great news. And I never thought I'd have a reason to go to Princess on Ice. Bennett and I can't wait!! SEe you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Jennifer the greatest?! I can hardly wait to see Lucy in COSTUME at the Princess show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great news! I just started crying with JOY when I read this post! Congrats on such uplifting news. Also...my sister in law took her oldest daughter to see Disney's Princess on Ice and she LOVED it! Her daughter wouldn't stop talking about it for months. I hope you have fun. I can't wait for Lily to go through the Princess phase! (She better!)

    ReplyDelete