For my 32nd birthday my family all collaborated ont eh greatest birthday surprise I could wish for. I didn't have any serious plans for my birthday this year, and whenever we tried to think about it we couldn't really make any decisions about what we would do to celebrate. On Tuesday (my birthday was the next Tuesday), Mom mentioned maybe going to the outlets the next day. I agreed, Jack was surprisingly not coming that day and then would be out of town for awhile. I told Danny I would take the girls, I wanted a new back to school outfit for Lucy. Danny told me he wanted to keep the girls at home and would work from home so I could go alone. "Think of it as my birthday gift to you" he said with a wink, knowing I wanted a whole lot more then that:)
That morning I had a RS meeting at my house and then ran to the pharmacy for a prescription before tossing on my flip flops when mom arrived to take us to the outlets. We ate at Chik-fil-a on the way out of town and I was surprised when she got on 680 going south. Mom explained that we were going to Livermore outlets instead. I thought that was weird but whatever. We had fun chats all the way down and when we got to Livermore area, or a little beyond it, I asked mom if she wanted me to find the exit because I thought we had probably passed it-we were almost to the mountains. Katy instantly turned around and said, "What Mountains Christy?" while holding up her phone which started playing the Space Mountain theme song. I was...confused. Mom and Katy whipped their heads around with their Minnie Mouse ears on and I was...more confused. It took me a few minutes to actually believe they were kidnapping me and taking me to Disneyland!
They expected screams and shouts but I took the news with confusion followed by crazy giggles instead.

Travel treats!
It seriously took me several hours to wrap my mind around it. I regretted not hugging my kids before I left! I was also a bit worried about what was packed for me but I neednt have-Danny and Katy did a great job. It was fun to look back and see all the secret planning that took place to get me on the road and none the wiser. Danny stayed and worked from home for two days and Marilyn and Ariel watched my kids the other day-bless you ladies!
We drove down, checked into our hotel and made it to Cafe Rio on the way to pick up Becca from LAX.
We all fell in bed exhausted and excited for the next day.
The next morning Katy unveiled our special Anderson Girl's Trip Shirt:
It was SO cute! We got a lot of comments on it.
It was pretty fun to all be matching too:)
I wont narrate these pics because I hate to put them in order-but just know that it was the greatest trip ever. For an August day the lines were never TOO bad and with such great company we didn't mind them. It was hot but never TOO hot. We did Radiator Springs Racers like 5 times which is crazy amazing, Tower of Terror once (which Becca and Katy had to drag me and mom on but was fun in the end), every major adult ride at least once and most twice, and walked back and forth between parks many many times. It was SO MUCH FUN.
Katy beats us all!
Seeing the lights come on in Radiator Springs and dancing along to the music was magical.
We channeled my Dad on Indiana Jones and screamed in terror at the most awkward places we could.
First selfie of the day when we weren't nearly so sweaty!
The Log ride was the worst decision we made all day. Longest line ever and soaked mom to the skin, which sounded nice in the heat but was just clammy:)
Umm. I took a ton of pics in Radiator Springs, its my fave.
This was the only time I was upright. The rest of the ride my head was in Katy's lap as I clawed at her legs in complete terror. It was awesome. Isn't this pic the best?! Moms face! Katy and Becca's! The lady in front of us?!
My favorite ride ever! Becca hates it and it makes her sick-she was super nice to do it once for me.
I pushed these girls around and didn't let anyone take a break and they
were super good sports about it. I did acquiesce to a milk shake break
at Flo's and it was the best decision I've ever made.
After all the rides we put Becca on she started feeling sick that evening so she headed home with Mom. Katy and I were determined to close the park down. We rode in the front on Space Mountain and relished the totally different experience it was. Best ride of our lives! (The little girls behind us was screaming seriously hard which was really funny for some reason -that helped:) Katy recorded the whole ride so whenever we want to relive it we can listen to our own happy screams.)
We were just starting the tea cups when the fire works show started. It was magical! Lantern light mixed with fireworks light mixed with spinning-crazy cool. We jumped off and caught the show in front of its a small world. As adults you wouldn't think it would be so cool-but we both managed to laugh and cry. It was so fun.
We got super lucky and got a great spot for the parade. It wasn't our favorite Disneyland parade, but it was a very fun way to finish off our day.
Best birthday gift ever.
























No comments:
Post a Comment