On Wednesday we leave for the Leininger Reunion in South Lake Tahoe followed by the Anderson Reunion in Tahoe City. Two vacations in Lake Tahoe sounds like heaven to us! I know I'll feel bad I didn't post about this awful week when I get home and have fun reunions to post about-so here goes.
This week was exciting because it was the last week of school. Lucy had a fun party at school that she was thrilled about and a great last day. As a kindergartner, she is kind of bummed school is over. She made some great friends in her class, but fortunately they'll play this summer and are all doing soccer together later in the summer and fall.
The babies, on the other hand, are thrilled to have '"C C" to themselves all day.
My big girl.
To celebrate the end of the year we met Danny and Katy in downtown Walnut Creek and had a fun lunch. While Danny and Katy got their phones fixed at the Apple store the kids and I hung out with the turtles and koi at the pond by Danny's office. The turtles were on the ledge so the girls got to touch them which they found incredibly exciting. The only thing that lured them away was San Francisco Creamery ice cream afterward.
Lydia had been sick for several days and by Friday I was feeling sick too. I had a fever with terrible chills that night. Danny has been sick off and (mostly) on all month so we spent Saturday laying on the couch watching Super Why with babies crawling all over us. By Sunday we knew it wasn't a normal cold and Lydia had started screaming "ear hurt!" so we headed to urgent care. We were all relieved when we found out that Danny, Lydia and I all have strep throat and Lydia had an ear infection as well. That means anti-biotics! Thank heavens. After three doses I am feeling human again and Lydia seems to be feeling a lot better. Unfortunately it meant our fathers day was spent at urgent care and on the couch. Thankfully our parents gave us a break-my mom taught my sharing time and picked up Lydia for a few hours in the afternoon and Marilyn took Joyce and Lucy with her all afternoon. We had several hours of uninterrupted rest and it was heavenly.
Now I'm hoping we get better before we leave, that I can gather the strength to pack, that my two healthy girls don't start showing any symptoms and that we can finally leave sickness behind us.
We are so heartily sick of being sick!






Surely the plagues of Job are over for awhile! Although, having just seen the Impossible at your suggestion, I think that anything short of tsunami devastation is fabulous luck!!
ReplyDelete