Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day this year.  We decorated the house and Lucy left me Valentines in her special mailbox all month long.  Joyce really liked playing with favors from our Valentines party.

 We've had some glorious weather so all Love week we played outside.

On Wednesday Danny and Lucy went out on a special Daddy/Daughter Valentines date. Danny had sent Lucy an invitation to be his Valentine in her special mailbox and she was THRILLED that they were each others valentines. She wanted big curls so she could look fancy on her date. They drove down to Walnut Creek together to Kara's cupcakes. After a fun treat they went to Luke and Emily's and Lucy got to play with her cousins.

On Wednesday night we had a special dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Leininger. The babies got special Valentine animals inside plush cupcakes and were thrilled with them. Lydia especially loves her froggy. Lucy got a polly pocket in a very Valentine's pink purse. 

On Valentines Day Lucy had a fun class party at school. When she got home we made heart shaped sugar cookies and did a little Valentines craft (I was feeling ambitious this year:) That evening Mom and Katy came over with some Valentines. 


Lucy made Katy a Valentine book mark-this is my favorite pic ever.
The girls loved their Valentine books-Splat the Cat, Elmo and Peter Rabbit


Katy put the kids to bed and Danny and I went out. I forgot my phone so the only pic of the night is this one... me with my other true love
Even though we eat their ALL the time (we're going tonight! I haven't been to Chipoltle in 5 days! Have I mentioned this new obsession on here? Well, I'm obsessed. Its filling some deep emotional need-and my waist line.) So Danny took me to my favorite place. Afterward we went he drove me to a few locations that were important in our relationship. He made me guess and I guessed right! We went to the Montecito trails parking where I told him I loved him for the first time (yep, I said it first, couldn't help myself), and near his home for our first kiss. Finally we walked up the hill by his house where he had two lawn chairs positioned with candles and we got to relax and talk and look at the stars. Danny is such a romantic:) It was a really fun evening of reminiscing-we talked about things I hadn't thought about in years. One of the most exciting events of the evening was when Julie called up to us from the Leininger's house and announced that she was having a baby girl! We could not be more excited for her:)



1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd been there for the festivities! (But not your date.)

    ReplyDelete