Thursday, July 14, 2011

Monterey

 Yesterday was Katy's birthday! To celebrate her birth we packed up my three kids (when did my little family get so big and hard to take around?!) and drove down to Monterey. It is one of our favorite places and we have spe ific things we do there. First we hit the wharf and Mom and Katy sample every restaurant's clam chowder.  Lucy decided she didn't want to try it and I hate all sea foods so we just walked and got there takes on each soup. Once we picked a favorite we had a nice lunch. There were a ton of seals out and Lucy loved watching them.
  Bringinig me along on this trip added hours of feeding and burping onto the itinerary. On the wharf was our first feeding. Fortunately I brought my pump, which can be battery operated, so we could bottle feed the girls as we walked/ate ourselves.



Afterward we went to this awesome park we'd passed on our way into town. We hadn't been before and Lucy loved it. Katy was super fun and did all the slides with Lucy. She even regulated and pushed the boys who were cutting to the back of the line-I love seeing justice observed! They had real train engine to explore that Lucy thought was awesome too.
 After I finished pumping in the car (glad I did, my sunburn would have been a lot worse had I played outside:) we went to the little outlet mall in downtown. For sme reason we always go there-and Iwas glad because this year mom and I got lucky at Nine West. It was buy one get one half off-I felt bad using the 50% off on Katy's birthday but she didn't like anything! I LOVE my nude pumps:) While there Lucy rode this dolphin ride three times.
  Little did she know she'd been on it before...
(November 2007)
 My favorite thing to do is walk on the path on Asilomar state beach. It is my happy place. We strapped the babies in the mobys and walked a ways. Lucy's favorite thing was climbing on the rocks. She is a pretty cautious kid so I let her.





We had such a good time. we didn't get home until 10 PM and we were exhausted from all the fun/dragging two infants all over the place. Thanks for the excuse Katy!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet pics! And dude, you got nude pumps?! I'm dying to see them.

    ReplyDelete