Lucy is a wonderful big sister. She has never been very jealous of the girls and she LOVES them. Every morning when a baby wakes up she rushes to them, gives them hugs and sings a verse of "Good Mornin'" from Singing in the Rain. She adopts a high pitched voice whenever she talks to them-she must have learned this from my mom because I've never been very good at the high pitched baby voice. Her favorite things to call them are: wide eyes, bright eyes, and bunny bun.
About a month ago I was worried about Lydia because she wasn't having many poopy diapers. Weird thing to worry about I know, but when I could compare with Joyce, I worried about it. Well, after several days she finally had a messy diaper and I told her I was proud of her. I guess Lucy heard me because for the last month whenever I change a messy diaper Lucy rushes in and begins congratulating her sister and telling her how excited/proud she is. They are already getting a ton of positive reinforcement:)
Lucy is also an incredible helper. I don't know how people have twins without a four year old helper. She does everything I ask her without complaint (although occasionally with a "why?") and is just so great to have around. When one baby is crying and I am stuck nursing the other baby she will talk, sing and read to the other baby. My favorite thing to overhear her say is "It's okay little one, I'm here. Your sister is here." All her hard work with these babies is paying off because now they know her voice and will smile at her whenever she comes near. That is all we want these days-smiles are so rewarding.
She adores them and I love it.
LUCY IS SO GREAT!!!! Come on, that is adorable. What a sweet girl!
ReplyDelete