Yesterday Danny parted with his beloved drum set. When he got home off his mission he was so excited to buy a new set of drums and "jam" with his best friend and roommate Jared. I came along and distracted him from that a lot, but we went to guitar center as soon as we got to school that fall and bought him some drums. I remember being hopelessly in love with Danny and wanting him to have whatever her wanted, but the logical side of my brain asked me why I should encourage him to buy drums when I was hoping he would be marrying me soon, and how practical is a set of drums in a small college apartment? Well he LOVED those drums and played them often with Jared for a good six months. Then he played them slightly less. Then we moved to CA and had a baby and stored them in my dad's office for a few years. We just didn't have the space for them and our neighbors wouldn't have had the patience for them. When Danny got cancer we moved them over to the garage so he could play them when he had the energy.He played them a couple times these past eight months, but yesterday Danny decided to sell them. Isn't that sad? I may not have always been in love with those drums, but now that they're gone I'm kinda bummed. Fortunately Danny wasted no tears and on the day he sold the drums he got his new wetsuit in the mail-part Christmas present from Grandma Joyce and my parents. Danny has always used garage sale wetsuits, so a brand new O'Neill wetsuit is heavenly. We are incredibly excited to be going to a school (UC IRvine or Cal Poly) within minutes of great surfing beaches. That has been Danny's dream for a long time. He is now all set to fully enjoy his favorite hobby. Out with the old and in with the new!
Yay for hair coming back! Didn't he used to have a digital drum set? Or was that my imagination?
ReplyDeleteI remember doing my homework or playing outside and hearing Dan play the drums. Your little family is looking so good.
ReplyDelete