I haven't been blogging much lately-but here I am blogging about Easter on Easter itself! On Tuesday we drive to Utah (the first of two UT trips this month), so I thought I should get the Easter pictures out there early. Easter relaly took me by surprise this year. We put up our chickie and egg window decals a couple weeks ago in anticipation and then it snuck up on me. The easter bunny was stuffing eggs (all eight of them) two minutes before our impromptu hunt this afternoon. Last year Lucy dressed up in a beautiful easter dress with adorable pig tails and hunted for eggs. Since conference falls on Easter sunday this year Lucy drove to Grandma Karen's house with hair in her eyes in jammies and a Cinderella dress. (I started out in a comfy skirt, changed to jeans and ended up in sweats and a hoodie. I love Conference Sunday.) Instead of a hundred pictures like last year I have about five from Danny's phone. I just didn't get it together. Oh well. Lucy still had fun.
She ate her first "Peep"(and hopefully her last. I think those things are nasty!)

and was lucky enough to hunt for candy at both G-ma's houses. (She switched to Tinkerbell before the next hunt).
Now for Revenge. I just want to document this anecdote for posterity. Backstory: Several days ago Lucy got a time out for not doing what Danny said. So, Danny and Lucy were playing catch and Lucy told Danny to put his shoes on. Danny told her that he didn't want to and wanted to play in his socks. Lucy put her hands on her hips and said, "Daddy, when you two and I'm Daddy I will give you a time out and put you in that chair." Later she added, "I will be mad at you for not putting you shoes on." Ouch.
That is hilarious. What a sassy-boots.
ReplyDelete