Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Utah: Wedding and Reunion

The day after Christmas Danny and I packed like crazy for a week in Utah. We were in the car and on the road by about one o'clock-which was awesome except the trip from Benicia to Sacramento took two hours, twice as long as it should have because we sat in traffic the whole way. It was pretty frustrating, but luckily the girls were happy watching movies and Danny and I were happy chatting and listening to a book on tape.
We made it to Winnemucca for the night and took off the next morning. We really liked doing the trip in two days this time. I usually like leaving in the early morning and just getting there-but given the timing of the trip, two days worked perfectly. 
We drove into town and went straight to Bajio (my favorite place in all the world) for lunch. The kids were thrilled with this little snow mound outside.
After lunch we drove to Becca's house.  When we opened the door we were surprised to see a Frozen castle! I can't my pic of it-but Mom had told Becca to buy it if she ever saw it. We were shocked and TOTALLY excited. The girls spent the next hour playing with it. Before it got dark we went out on Becca's lawn to play in the snow/ice.  Naturally the fun was throwing snowballs at Aunt Becca.
That evening Becca babysat our girls while Danny and I went to Macaroni Grill for a family dinner with the Leiningers and Stewarts.
 It was fun to see Luke and Emily and meet some of Ariel's family.
Saturday was the big day!! Bryce and Ariel were married in the Mt. Timanogas temple. Danny and I arrived very early and were able to be Bryce and Ariel's escorts. It was so fun to be there with them and able to help in that small way. The Bride's room in that temple was gorgeous. It was so nice to be in the temple all together for their sealing.
After the sealing we took pictures outside. The big kids had a riot playing in the snow while we waited, the younger kids did not have as much fun.

Picture of the siblings:
 Picture of the in laws!
The reception was held at the Blue Lemon in Highland. I went a little early and had fun helping arrange flowers. It was a wonderful party and so fun to see friends and family.

Bryce and Ariel and Danny and I share an anniversary! It was our 9th anniversary and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it.
AT the end of the night we sent the newlyweds off on their honeymoon and we drove to the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon for a family reunion. My kids were in heaven playing with their cousins in the snow for a whole week.

While some of us went bowling, another group went skiing. Danny had a riot skiing with Marilyn, although they froze on a very snowy day.
We're lucky to have fun Dads and Uncles to play with.
The younger half of the cousins got new Frozen jammies-it was maybe the most exciting thing ever.

I didn't know if my babies would like it, but they LOVED it. It was compacted ice-so we flew down the mountain.
d
New Year's Eve! Jason bought fireworks and put on the best fireworks show. We were all in awe! Love UT for its legal fireworks:)
We went sledding at Soldier's Hollow. It was more fun then I could have imagined. Lucy was really brave and loved it too. On our last run they let us form a group of 8 with Lucy and I in the back-we flew down that mountain-Lucy and I rarely touched the ground!
Adult date night to see Secret Life of Walter Mitty
After a fabulous week we headed back to Springville for one last night with Becca. We had my fave one last time.

Saying goodbye to our cousins is hard-luckily we knew we'd see them at Disneyland before too long!

We did the drive home in one day on the way home. We have awesome little travelers and had a fun trip.
Thrilled to see Aunt Katy again at last!!

2 comments: