On Friday after school got out I threw these cuties in the car, picked up Katy and Grandma Karen, and started the drive to Utah.

We drove to Winnemucca and spent the night. I don't usually like splitting the trip up over two days, but it was actually very nice this time around. We arrived in Springville on Saturday around two and had all afternoon to play with Ruby and Jane.
My girls hadn't met Jane yet! They cooed over her, patted her head and called her baby Anna for the first few hours.
When anyone asked me what I wanted to do in Utah on my trip I said "Bajio". I have a strange emotion attachment to Bajio that I can't explain. I just LOVE it. My family was very nice and went out of their way to encourage my Bajio trips and for that I am truly grateful.
The highlight of my trip was seeing the Dr. Who 50th Anniversary special in the theater with my sisters. We are all obsessed. We watched the BBC America coverage and documentaries all week in preparation. Katy introduced Becca to Dr. Who a few years ago and I only started watching it this spring. I finished my the last episode on the drive to Utah, so I was prepared for the special and it did not disappoint. I saw Becca in tears multiple times, and even heard a few happy sobs from Katy. We all beamed with happiness throughout and it seriously made my week.
I think Becca enjoyed having more people around to hold this adorable baby. This girl loves to be held, and we all acquiesced.
Another tooth lost!
One evening we went to the Riverwoods (and Bajio:) and visited Santa. Lydia decided she didn't want to, but Joyce felt very comfortable chatting with him. I was surprised when she told him she wante da "Chupparella" (what they call Cinderella) doll. He had no clue what she was saying, but she was very cute:)Did I not mention that Danny was in CA this whole time? We missed him terribly and I after five days I was very sick of being the only parent.
He arrived just in time for Thanksgiving! Danny loves a sleeping baby.
Only Thanksgiving morning we went for a walk to Becca's local park.
There are horses across the street from Becca's house. My girls are always fascinated.
We had such a fum trip. I think it was especially fun becuase we didn't try to do too much, we often did one outing a day and spent the rest of the time playing at home. Becca's good friend Kelsey lives upstairs from Becca and she kindly let us stay in her home while she was out of town. It was so nice to have a home base so close for our things and be able to run back and forth.
We left Sunday morning after a full 8 days in Utah. We miss Ruby, but were glad to be home:)
















Glad you caught my cuddle sesh with Brobie, definitely deserves to be remembered in your blog book next year.
ReplyDelete