Friday, October 18, 2013

Family getaway

Danny is loving his new job. I am loving it too. We're both getting used to him being gone all day. He leaves at 5:30 and goes to the gym, then catches BART in Walnut Creek. He leaves work at around 5 and gets home about 6. I have never made dinner more often. I'm feeling very domestic:) After his first two weeks we missed some of our family time, so we took an impromptu day trip over the weekend. We drove down to Lemos pumpkin farm right outside of Half Moon Bay.  About 5 miles away we ran into some horrible traffic. We wondered what was going on...turns out everyone else was going to the same pumpkin patch! Luckily we still got a parking spot and decided to go despite the crowds. 

I love pumpkin patches.  The first thing we hopped in line for was the pony rides. I was a little worried the babies would be scared but they loved it.


 We skipped some of the other attractions (I am not a fan of big bouncy houses. We saw a kid throw up in one once and the memory has not faded!) and explored the patch.




 Then we drove down to Half Moon Bay. We walked into some of their cute shops and ate on the patio of a really good deli Danny found recommended in Sunset Magazine. While Danny waited in line for sandwiches the girls and I enjoyed the live music.



 On our way down the street we found this mural! Danny and I went on a little getaway to Half Moon Bay when he was almost finished with his chemo treatments. It was such a hard time...so it was really fun to see it again.
November 2009

October 2013

It was such a fun day. For the first time in a long time we have a plan. (Not that I trust a plan very much anymore...I'm worried I'll jinx it! But its still nice to have a tentative one:)

1 comment: