That is what we think of Lake Tahoe. Danny and I honeymooned there and
for the past couple years have gone back to the same place with my
family for family reunions. Last week Danny had a week off in between semesters
and we were able to meet my parents up there for a couple days and then
Danny's parents as well. We had such a great time.
During the week the
babies started walking for real. Joyce is officially a pro and Lydia is
getting better and better. They look so much bigger walking around.
The babies LOVED the water. They walked out as far as we would let them. I was surprised because the water was freezing!
I love her jack-o-lantern teeth.
Lucy loved to kayak with her Dad. She got really good at paddling this year and took Danny on long tours of the lake.
Most of that first weekend we lounged about the house, read books, went out on the water and walked into town. We found a hole-in-the-wall burger joint that we ended up eating at almost every day. All my girls really loved their soft serve:)
On Monday my family had to leave and the Leiningers arrived. We were so spoiled to get so much attention from both grandparents!
On this trip to the beach the babies got even more adventurous-they ended up only in diapers.
The girls loved playing on the balcony and watching the waves. Lucy and Danny would often be hanging out at the rocky beach below throwing rocks in the water.
We went bike riding along the Truckee river on one afternoon. I don't love to bike, but we wanted to go as a group so I went with it and actually had a really fun time. I loved the bike I rented-it was super comfy and made me feel comfortable. Still, I don't think I biked in a straight line:) We rented an attachable bike for Lucy who got to ride with Danny and she loved it. The babies went in their first bike chariot and HATED it. Joyce was pretty cool with it but we spent the entire ride hearing Lydia scream. It looked really uncomfortable-poor girls. We ended our ride a bit early to put them out of their misery.
We had such a great week. We came home feeling relaxed and refreshed. Funny how quick that feeling disappears:)




LOVE all the pics. It reminds me of how much fun it was to hang out with you guys and the babies. Maybe we should all move there!
ReplyDelete