Wednesday, May 2, 2012

They ate cake

Since we casually ate cookies on the babies' real birthday, I wanted to capture them eating some serious cake afterward. Lucy and I woke up this morning, made a chocolate cake, threw it in the oven and went about our day. When it was done and I took it out of the pan it completely fell apart. Rather than make a new cake tomorrow I picked up a cheap cake at the grocery store while running errands. Kind of cheating, but saved me a lot of hassle. Being grocery store cake it is seriously bright and must have been made with a ton of crisco because this frosting did NOT want to come off my babies.  Given their first experience with a cupcake a couple weeks ago (delight from one tears from the other) I was curious who would go for the cake first...

 Joyce was definitely more interested and daring when it came to the cake.
Lydia slowly put a hand in, looked at her colorful hand in horror and then simply watched Joyce go at it.





 Danny smeared their initial on them and plopped cake on Lyd's head. He couldn't stand seeing them being so "girly" about it:)
I love the cake on Joyce's tooth making her look so silly here.  They had so much fun.
 I love one year olds.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!! That is hilarious! And whoa, that is one bright colored cake :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE it!!! Thanks for posting. love the frosting between the toes and the fabulous smiles!! PS once again katy didn't sign off! This is from Mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! They looked liked they had a blast. So cute!

      Delete