Thursday, May 24, 2012

My graduate

Yesterday Lucy graduated from preschool! Lucy's teacher Ms. Wendy went all out. The kids wore cap and gowns and looked adorable. They sang their doting parents some songs, smiled cheerfully, received diplomas and threw their caps up in the air at the end. It was adorable. Working in my mom's kindergarten classroom I always chuckled when moms would walk away crying on the first day of school. Their kids were only going to be gone a couple of hours right?! Well, I'm not normally overly-sentimental (hmmm, that may be a lie) but I am not ready for Lucy to go to school. It will change our whole lifestyle.  I cried when I took Lucy's binkie away because it was at that moment that I realized she wasn't a baby anymore (yeah....she was almost three:) Watching Lucy at her little graduation I had that same feeling. She's not a preschooler anymore:(







1 comment: