I know this is shocking (to me too:) Let me explain.
In early November Danny started talking about going back to school to get a masters degree in real estate development. At first he was talking about finding an online program so we could stay where we are and he could continue working for Walnut Creek. After some family encouragement and looking into some programs he decided to apply to the University of Utah's RED degree. The deadline had already passed for the "spring" term, but he called and they said they were accepting late applications if we got it in fast. He applied quickly and I tried to forget about it. He told me ge didn't have either of the pre-requisites reqired, so he would probably reapply for next fall. When I asked when Spring term started he looked it up--January 9th. Let me just say, January in Utah does not qualify as spring.
Well, you guessed it, he got in. He is really excited about the program and I am excited he's excited. The program is only a year which is wonderful. We've decided to think of it as a long vacation. We will love being in Utah where we'll see lots of family and eat Bajio as often as we can. Then, we can come home just as its getting really cold next winter. Sounds perfect right?
All this does mean I have to pack and move with two crawling babies. It is going to be wild-but I'm kind of excited too. We plan on bringing only the essentials with us and leaving lots of our stuff here-so it will be fun to sort everything out. I'm going to try and get as much as I can done this week so we can enjoy Christmas with our family. In the mean time we're trying to find a place to live and figuring out all the details of the move. Wish me luck!
PS: if you see either of our moms, give them a squeeze. They'll be lonely without their babies!
I feel bad for Mom and Marilyn, but SO HAPPY FOR ME!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was that Becca will be so happy and then how sad for the mama's. They will just have to visit lots. Good luck with the move!
ReplyDeleteYay! We'll have to get together!
ReplyDeleteChristy!! Oh my goodness - I can't believe you are moving to UT. (I check your blog by the way....haha, maybe you didn't know that...) So Adrian is faculty at the U of U now - a place we never thought we'd end up either :) You'll have to come and see us! AND if you need help finding a place to live or need a place to stay in the mean time, please please let me know! I'm serious, we have a lot of space and would love to help out if you need it. I wish I was better at keeping in touch, but I think of you often and hope your Christmas and packing goes well! Let me know if you need anything at all okay? (my email is still the same - amyrenee.bell@gmail.com, is yours?) Chat with you soon hopefully!
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting adventure - the good news is if you live close to the U, you can get pizza at The Pie. I love the picture at the top of your beautiful girls.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! What a change! I'm glad all is going well and that's really exciting. I can't believe you left California :). I'm sure your families are mourning, but it's nice that it's only one year. Moving is so stressful. The only good thing about it is a chance to clean out. Glad things are well.
ReplyDelete