I'm not sure how to document our trip to Hawaii. It was...bliss. We stayed in Kailua on the windy side of O'ahu in a stunning home right off the beach. We walked in the front gate and almost felt like there was a soundtrack going-palms rustling, exotic birds singing, ocean crashing in the background. It was awesome.
Danny immediately threw himself in the water. That boy was like a puppy dog-running in and out of the ocean, coming back to me for approval. We spent the majority of our time lounging on our perfect beach, reading books or walking along the beach. The water is bluer, warmer and cleaner than any ocean I've every seen. The sand is soft and white with no sea weed or bugs to be found. I LOVED it.
I'm not sure how we left the house, but we did manage to do some sight seeing. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and enjoyed the ice cream, show and exhibits. Danny was a volunteer at the Tonga drumming show. He was so good they needed to go faster and faster to lose him!
We also made our way to North Shore and Waikiki. It was not the best season for surfing, but Danny managed to go twice and enjoy the water without a thick wetsuit. We went jet skiing, snorkeling, paddle boarding and hiking throughout the week as well. We missed out Lucy every minute, but were glad she was having so much fun with her aunts and grandma and grandpa Anderson at home. In the end, she was the only thing that got me on the plane to come home.
This trip meant a lot to us. Throughout those months of chemo, we looked forward to being normal again and a time we could escape everything and just be together. We've never been on a trip just the two of us like this, and it was such a good time to reflect on this past year and look forward to the next. We still feel the negative effects of cancer every day (like when I'm shooting myself up with pregnancy hormones:), but hopefully very soon we'll be able to finally put it all behind us for good.

What fabulous pictures. It looks like paradise! I loved the video of Danny's drumming adventure. And so glad the past year is now firmly in the past!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking my green shirt to Hawaii. It deserves to get out and have some fun.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so glad you guys got to go and enjoy yourself, much deserved!!! My first time going to Hawaii was this past April and I fell in love, I said the same thing about coming home..if it weren't for our sweet Savannah waiting for us. Tell Danny I'm way impressed with his drumming skills! :) I'm sorry you have to go through the process you are going through, you are in our prayers that you'll be blessed with another baby.
ReplyDeletechristina, looks blissful, how wonderful for you guys. if there was anyone that deserved a couple getaway, it is you two. love you guys! hear you are coming to southern california soon, we should get together. we live in loma linda, it's about an hour inland from irvine.
ReplyDeleteDanny's drumming was excellent! So was his well-mimicked hollers ;) Beautiful pictures and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteman, nice drumming danny. man, nice be so pretty christy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful and beautiful place! It is my wish that someday, I'll get to go with Marty. Darling pictures! Looks like you really had a chance to enjoy yourselves!
ReplyDeleteI never got to see all these pictures - looks like it was pure paradise! And I can't think of two more deserving people in the world.
ReplyDelete