Wednesday, July 28, 2010

6 months

Danny and I just got back from the oncologists.  He gets a scan and a check up every three months for a couple years and this month he is officially six months in remission. We had almost looked forward to out three month appointment -seeing all the nurses we had relationships with, being in a familiar place. This appointment was a completely different experience.  We walked into the building and I almost started hyperventilating-the whole experience just came back and felt very real. We both got anxious and felt sick just sitting in the waiting room.  It was horrible. There were just too many memories with too many emotions attached. The good news is Danny's scans looked great and we don't have to dread another appointment until next November:)
After the appointment we shook it off at a near by 7-11

unfortunately we feel sicker now:)

3 comments:

  1. What great new... I can't even imagine how nerve racking that is, but so awesome that he is doing well. And thanks a lot, now I'm craving peanut butter M&M's and Twix! I guess Marty will be stopping at the store on his way home from school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sooo glad the appointment went well, yay for healthy Danny! And good call with the 7-11, all that stuff looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scared me on facebook, so glad to hear everything is just fine! I can't imagine the many emotions your sweet family has endured, but that's GREAT that he's still in remission! Gosh, I guess I thought Danny was somewhat of a health nut...can't picture him eating sweets like that! LOL I hope you are doing okay with the process you are going through Christy, prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete