Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Potty Training is all about Peer Pressure

So last you heard Lucy had stubbornly refused to go on the potty.  In the back of my mind I thought I'd try bringing out the panties again after our adventures this month (although on second thought, potty training on IVF hormones would be pretty crazy-I hear your emotions are a bit...heightened.) Anyway, there will be no need! As I had hoped, Camille took Lucy under her wing and showed her the joys of going potty and being a big girl. Camille talked to her about it once I guess and reported to her mom that Lucy simply said she "didn't want to go in the potty". On the last day of their stay Lucy saw Camille's Snow White panties and wanted to match-so we threw hers on too.  Then as they were leaving for the airport all the kids took turns using the bathroom before their trip-Lucy waited until everyone else had gone-then took her turn too-and she did it! We're two days in panties now with NO ACCIDENTS! That is such a complete turn around from our first try that I am astounded. This time around is so nice because I don't even feel like we're potty training-we did the hard part before and now shes got it and life can go on. In other news, Becca comes to town today in preparation for our Anderson reunion this week. We can't wait to see her and her cute tummy.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting, I'm so jealous! It's been hard, I feel like Sav is the only one not potty trained...but she has no desire and I don't want to force her. I hear once it clicks it works and you are worry free...can't wait for that day!

    You guys are in our prayers with invetro, I heard it's a hard process and I'm sure the waiting game is no fun. Keep us posted and again our prayers are with you so that your righteous desires will be answered with another little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAHH! That is so awesome. It's all downhill from here. I need to be more motivated with Bennett. Today he said, Mom, put a diaper on me - in a tone that said - you know it will just be easier on both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Lucy! I'm so glad you are having success! I'm so nervous to potty train Lily... I hope it can go smoothly! Have so much fun at the Anderson Family reunion. It makes me kind of sad that our family (Jacobs) does do reunions anymore! Have a fun vacation month!

    ReplyDelete