Sunday, June 13, 2010
Leinfam Reunion
We have spent the week being decadent (one of my Grandma Joyce's favorite words.) On Friday everyone came to town in anticipation of Bryce's return on Saturday. It was incredibly exciting picking him up at the airport-all 16 of us with our noses to the glass waiting for a cute boy in a suit to come out of the gate.
The next few days were really fun as the cousins played together and the adults surrounded Bryce and enjoyed his stories and funny pronunciation. On Monday we had family pictures taken by Denae. I think I've mentioned how extremely excited I was about this. Of course it was as hectic as expected. The M&M bribery usually works with Lucy and she was a bit indifferent this time around (Becca wasn't there counting the candies she had earned like last time) but she looked adorable. After packing up the cars we drove down to our cute ranch house, inland from San Luis Obispo. It was huge with plenty of room for all of us and 124 acres to explore. We lounged at the pool, played ping pong in the barn and red books on the deck. We ate excessive amounts of cherry coke, vanilla oreos and Dove ice cream bars. It was bliss. My favorite part was watching Lucy play with her cousins. They all play well together but there the older kids and the younger ones do split off a bit. Lucy is part of the younger group (Camille, Lucy and Bennett). It was so cute to see them play together. Grandma brought two full tubs of nerf guns so most of the time I was cocking guns for Bennett and Lucy so they could compete with the big boys. The kids also ran around finding lizards, frogs and snakes. I'm glad there are fun uncles and aunts who support those endeavors and I don't have to participate in any way:)
Our theme this year was Don't Stop Believin' (GLEE). Notice the cute shirts we designed. It was a fun theme-easy to merge with the spiritual after a year like ours-but still fun to sing:) Now we're recovering from our relaxing trip and getting ready for the next reunion-yeah vacation month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was hoping you'd blog some pictures from your reunion! Looks like a ton of fun. I can't WAIT to see you guys in just a couple of days! I'll have to talk to you tomorrow, I've missed our conversations while you were busy in San Luis Obisbo!
ReplyDelete