Friday, May 28, 2010

Two Lucys

Next week our Relief Society is having a social and we're talking about the lessons learned from our Grandmas.  They asked us to bring in some pics of us and our grandmothers. On Sunday my mom brought this pic in:

My mom started pointing out the images to Lucy. A minute later she excitedly brought the picture over to me and showed me Gma Karen and Mommy as a baby.  When I pointed to Grandma Lucy and asked her who it was she pointed to herself and said "Me! When I'm a big kid!". Way to accept the aging process Lucy-I'm not quite there yet. 
I love this picture of my mom and great-grandma. I was lucky enough to have met several great grandparents, but I've always been sad I didn't get to know Grandma Lucy. She was one of my moms favorite people-I love the expression on her face here. 
(by the way-how weird is my head shape? I still have a huge head-lucky I wasn't the one bald this year)


3 comments:

  1. I love that picture. You look like Lucy when she was a baby...or Lucy looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family photos! Especially baby pictures. Simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - Lucy looks so much like you! And from the little I can see of your mom - she looks like Katy!

    ReplyDelete