Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pics

So after my last post I was all geared up to start blogging again...but then, nothing happened. Seriously, nothing exciting is going on. Danny goes to work, Lucy and I play, Danny comes home and we paint the bathrooms, that's about it.  Pretty soon some VERY exciting events will start. For one thing, Bryce is coming home.

His mission felt fast for me (just like other people's pregnancies-I'm sure for the people involved time has passed-but for me it whizzed by!), but as I look back through the events in my photo library-a lot has changed.  The whole Leininger family will gather to meet him at the airport and then we're off on a family reunion.  Lucy is beside her self waiting to see all of her cousins. It will be a blast. While everyone is here we're having Denae take some family pics. I'm really excited about this picture. Marilyn got the girls some GORGEOUS little outfits and I am in the market for a new shirt.  I am borderline obsessing over this purchase because we  haven't taken an "official" family photo...ever.  Actually I lied. Denae took some of the fam when Bryce left-and who knows what I was thinking but I wore this hideous brown shirt (brown? on me?-it was weird.)  I have no clue where my mind was. maybe I put on some lip gloss? anyway, I don't look great.  I was talking to Danny about shopping for this pic and he said I was sounding like Claire on Modern Family. Claire and I do have some similarities I guess... Hopefully our pic doesn't turn out like this:
For me a family picture somehow symbolizes that my little family is healthy and happy.  I think I need to see the framed result to remind me that we are.  So I'm off shopping, I may not be able to control if my girl smiles (although that is what M&Ms are for) but hopefully I can at least find an outfit to make me feel cute.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I think you missed the point of that ENTIRE EPISODE.

    ReplyDelete