Monday, April 26, 2010

Events

We have had so much going on lately and I have started feeling guilty for not blogging about it.  I feel enough mom guilt, I should not feel guilty about blogging! So I tried talking myself out of it and finally decided to just post so I can feel better. After Easter we drove to UT to visit my sisters, Julie's family and see all of Danny's friends.  We had a great time visiting and got to spend a lot of time with some of our favorite people. The highlight of the trip was taking Becca to her first sonogram appointment.  Some doctors think that my incompetent cervix could be genetic, so Becca was a little worried about it and had the sonogram at 16 weeks rather than a little later.  We didn't think they'd be able to determine the gender with any accuracy and  tried not to get our hopes up-but we were pleasantly surprised! She is having a little girl! We were all pretty shocked. It was so fun to see her little baby kicking and moving around.  I was lucky and got an ultrasound every two weeks with Lucy (well, if a high risk baby is considered "lucky") and could never really see anything. Just looked like an alien to me. The perspective i had watching Becca's baby was totally different-weird huh.  The nice technician pointed out the feet etc and I could totally see it!  Mmm, must have been my lame technician, he really was a jerk. Anwyay, it was really fun to be there for that exciting event. We immediately went out and bought the cutest pink outfit we could find. The only picture I have of that trip:
Becca decided to drive home with us and we had a fun time seeing her last week.  On the 16th we drove down to San Luis Obispo for the day for an open house at Cal Poly.  We got to walk around the city for awhile (and bought the LAST iPad in the apple store for Steve's birthday-victory!). It is an incredibly cute town. They have all the big retailers, but with this cute little downtown feel.  My favorite thing was this little stream running through town, in front of the mission. Restaurants have little patios over it and there is a nice walking path that winds around the stream.  Lucy had a riot jumping on the rocks with Danny. 



Danny went off to the open house and Lucy and I had special girl time. We ate cookies on the riverbank and threw pebbles into the stream. We had a great time.
I expected Danny to be gone awhile,
to be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your sister, how exciting!!!! Sounds like it's a perfect little town, kinda like Davis!!! We are so happy for you guys, glad your sister came back with you! Lucy is adorable as ever and Danny looks awesome! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete