This week we had the opportunity to go to Yosemite overnight. We had never been during the winter, only with the crazy crowds in June, and we loved having the park to ourselves. There was quite a bit of snow on the ground, and along the paths, but it was beautiful. The forecast said rain so we were expecting to get wet but the weather turned out perfect. We drove down Tuesday morning and spent the afternoon walking along the little Yosemite Falls path and visiting the museum.
We stayed at Yosemite Lodge and the next morning walked around the meadow. Lucy didn't stay in the stroller long, she loved running along the path and walking through the snow. On every bridge we walked over she asked for her Ariel swimming suit and asked if she could jump in. Unfortunately most of the water was frozen over...so I said no.
(sorry for so many pictures-I have very few pics of Lucy and I in general-so I included them all!)
Doesn't Danny look great?
This week I have seen a huge difference, although I think I say that every week. I am a greedy creature. During all those months of chemo I was LONGING for this point-just to be done with chemo and be normal again. Now that we are done and basically normal I still want more. We read a good article last night from last conference by Elder Watson on being temperate. He sighted some much read scriptures that included temperance I realized that I always skipped over that virtue.
"Being temperate means to carefully examine our expectations and desires, to be diligent and patient in seeking righteous goals."
I am still being taught temperance. It is maybe taking me a little longer than it should, but hopefully I'll get it soon.
On a lighter note...Danny's hair is turning gray (get my pun! lighter note! ). Okay, he isn't actually gray yet, but his hair is growing in, well, much lighter looking. It is also super downy soft like a little babies. I really need to google "post-chemo male hair growth" because I have no idea if it will stay like this or change. He would look very distinguished if his hair went gray, kind of Cary Grant or Paul Newman-esque. At the same time, those guys were "mature" in age in the movies and poor Danny is only twenty-six. I guess we'll see!
Yes, Dan does look great, and thanks for the comments about the temperance article! Bubba and I read that last night, thanks for sharing how it struck you. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWhat darling pictures! Look like you had a fun time. I'm so glad you had nice weather. Danny looks great! Love you miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures, looks like it was a nice, peaceful time. I'm excited to see and feel Danny's hair!
ReplyDeleteI just read that article and then read this-- it really is a great concept that I haven't paid enough attention to. Yosemite looks so rejuvenating and peaceful-- you all look so happy. Hope things continue to go well.
ReplyDeleteI know I already commented on FB, but Danny you look great!!!!!! I loved that you guys got to get away as a family and these pictures are incredible, so many adorable one's of Lucy and her expressions!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! My dad went gray really early...it's not so bad. You forgot to include Taylor Hicks in there!! :)
ReplyDelete