Monday, April 7, 2014

I don't want to forget

My girls are so fun right now and there are so many things I don't want to forget.  So this is for the blog book:

*My little girls play together so well. As a mom, having twins was very hard for the first two years. This last year has been a breeze.  Two years of exhaustion has finally paid off.  Joyce and Lydia love each other to death and play together all day. Having a constant play mate is so much fun.
*Lucy plays Princess with the little girls. Lucy is the Queen, Lydia is the big sister princess and Joyce is the baby princess. Lucy teaches Lydia in school and the baby princess follows them around on her hands and knees. This has resulted in Joyce developing a "baby" voice. She is NEVER out of character. She has been speaking in her baby voice for weeks now. It is driving us all crazy but she must have forgotten how to speak in her real voice because even as we beg her to talk like a big girl, she can't get her real voice out. The funny thing is that she is so much nicer when in  her baby character! She gives her grandma (me) kisses and tell me she loves me every time she sees me.

*Due to this never ending princess game, there are two moms in our house. The little girls have started calling me "Momma Christy" and they call Lucy "Momma Lucy".  I'm getting a little sick of this too. Lucy likes it because they do what she wants when she is in the mom role.

*We are still obsessed with Frozen (like everyone else:) We can't drive anywhere without listening to the songs. Lydia always tells me she is Elsa and instantly freezes my heart (Joyce kindly uses her own powers to thaw me).  For the first couple weeks after its release we watched Frozen every day. After almost a month we have limited that to every three days. The girls are having Frozen themed birthdays this year-can't wait.
watching Frozen
*I always forget how early spring starts around here. We have had a beautiful March and April looks even nicer. The little girls and I go to the park almost every day. Lately they'd rather just lay with me on my blanket then play very much. Guess we take the park and beautiful weather for granted now.

 *The girls favorite treat and my favorite bribery reward is frozen yogurt. We love to walk down to the yogurt station close by. Lucy has to finish her chore chart each week to earn it. The babies are very good at encouraging her to practice the piano so they get the reward at the end of the week:)


 * We celebrated Danny's 31st birthday! The Leinfam adults went and did sealings all together and then had a fun dinner out. On his actual birthday Danny and I saw Divergent and had brownie sundaes with Marilyn, Steve, Lindsay and Jason.
 
 *The girls are obsessed with playing Go Fish, Uno and Hello Kitty Bingo. When we play Uno Lucy and I each take a baby on our teams. They like to hold two cards each. When Lydia plays a card she does so very slowly while saying, "I'm doing it!"
 * Danny has been prepping his parents' backyard for Bryce and Ariel's spring open house. He recently put in a pathway of stumps and large boulders for the kids to run around on. They love it and just run around in circles back there.


2 comments:

  1. Agh I'm so excited to come do all this with you!! Spring Break can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for my huge project to be done so I can go to the park with you again sometimes! Also, I will come do chores for you too if it will get me a frozen yogurt treat!!

    ReplyDelete