Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Break

My pics are compeltely out of order for this post and rather than hassle by moving them, this post will make no chronological sense. 
We have been loking forward to spring break since January because Becca and Ruby were coming to town. Lucy has it marked on her calendar and has been checking off the days. We did not waste our time together this year, we stayed busy having fun all week long. Becca actually got in the midweek before spring break so for a few days it was just Ruby and the babies hanging out until Lucy got out of school. These three girls are 7 months apart and are finally old enough to be good friends. Joyce is especially enamored by Ruby or "BD" as she calls her. She follows her around and knows that fun will follow. During those couple days Becca and I did errands, played at the park, brought my Mom lunch at school and lounged in the sunroom while the kids played outside. We had a really fun couple of days:)
As soon as school got out the real fun began because Mom, Katy and Lucy could join us! One day we went to the San Fransicso aquarium at Pier 39.  I typically dislike aquariums (I'm not a fan of the ocean or its creatures) but this was a really cool one. Joyce was so fun to atch because she LOVED it. She ran around giddy with excitement every time she saw a fish. She easily touched sting rays and sea stars.


 This view inside the octopus' home was awesome. I guess he usually sticks to the corners but when the kids climbed under the exhibit and into this bubble he moved around and they got a very close view!

 Afterward we walked along the pier and found the sea lions. There were a lot of fights going on between them and the kids thought that was fascinating.
 Maybe my favorite part of the day-the kids fell asleep almost instantly when we got in the car and the moms got a well deserved treat.
 We also spent a lot of time relaxing. I introduced Becca to Go ON, my favorite show right now, while the kids were sleeping or having quiet time.

 We also went to the Oakland Zoo during the week. I got a coupon in the mail for a season pass and paying for the visit with this whole gang really made the pass worth it. I'm excited to go alot this summer.
 Our favorite part was the goat pen and the train ride. The kids really enjoyed petting the goats. There were some ADORABLE lambs and kids to see as well.



On Saturday we celebrated Easter with the Leininger family. The night before Lucy was invited to a sleepover at Grandma's house with some of her cousins. These kids are really good friends and I hear they had a wonderful time. From what I hear they stayed up really late (10PM!).

We had a fun party playing outside with the cousins. I played my first game of kickball since elementary school. Fortunately I have improved since then:)

I didn't get a family Easter shot on Easter Sunday so this is it!

We had the first Easter egg hunt of the season.




I was feeling especially generous that day and let Joyce open up her eggs and eat them at her whim. She has got the taste of candy now!

On Sunday the Easter bunny came!

While I was getting ready for church (Moms get everyone else ready first after all) Danny took some pics of the kids.


After church Lucy and Becca dyed and decorated Easter eggs for the table.
These two were so excited to match!
Easter egg hunt number three. It was a rainy day so it took place in the living room.

Joyce and Lyd really got the hang of it byt the third time around.





No comments:

Post a Comment