My Lucy is Six Years Old! I'm in shock. The jump between five and six seems huge! On Saturday we celebrated with a friend party. We had 10 girls from school and church and 3 cousins. It was a very fun thing to plan. We decided to have a Brave theme-so we had a scottish games in Grandma Marilyn's back yard!
We were lucky and got lots of help. Katy made things for me and helped
me set up all the balloons, banners and games. Danny and Lindsay decorated the side yard with gorgeous
sidewalk chalk. Mom and Katy made all the cupcakes. Marilyn and Steve watched the babies during the crazy morning setup-it was so nice having such great helpers.
While we waited for everyone to arrive Danny played crack the egg. It could only end in tears...and it did, but fortunately not many.
Then we played a series of games. The bean bag toss was my favorite. Lucy helped me paint the triplets and we had a great time doing it.
We also had a three legged race and an archery test.
We made necklaces and put gems on royal goblets. After the activities they got a Brave lipgloss necklace. They were very excited about that.
After a pizza lunch and witch's brew we sang Happy Birthday and ate cupcakes. The afternoon ended with balloons filled with candy popping on the grass. It was really fun-candy went flying everywhere.
My favorite part of the party was the awesome bagpipe music we had going the whole time. And Katy speaking in her awesome Scottish accent-she is amazing!
The party didn't necessarily go as I had planned. Next time I won't plan games that you play as an individual with so many kids-everything went pretty slowly. The weather was also a bit problematic. It was really hot but also windy. My gorgeous pennant banners were flying all over the place, there wasn't enough shade at that time of day so kids would play a game then retreat to the shade to guzzle water, it just was a little tricky. I'm glad Lucy had fun- that's what matters right?
Tomorrow is her official birthday. She is excited to go to breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa L, go to school with healthy treats (healthy?! Katy made me pumpkin cupcakes and I hope that counts...I'm going to call them pumpkin muffins:), have a fun lunch out with me, go to ballet and then have a party and presents with The Andersons. Lucky girl:)
Lucy is such a wonderful girl. She can play by herself, but is also a great friend. She is kind to others and generous. She is an excellent big sister-she looks out for her little sisters, shares her toys with them and loves to play with them. She is brave (she gave a fabulous talk in church on Sunday-I was so proud of her). She is a good student and loves school. She is getting to be a very good reader and loves to practice.
I'm about to get seriously sentimental:
![]() |
| The birthday girl in her "scottish outfit". |
I remember the day Lucy was born. I had been laying down on bed rest for months and had a lot of time to think about motherhood and wonder about my baby. I was very ready for her arrival when it finally came. She was perfect. For me it wasn't a sudden rush of love or anything. It was a very subtle outpouring of love over the first days and weeks. I have loved getting to know her. When our life has been great, when it has been more tricky-Lucy's sweet presence has been a constant joy. She has grown up (to the age of six:) to be a beautiful and amazing little girl. This is how shes grown:
Let the birthday week begin!







Dude you are so good at throwing parties. Everything looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that Tiana swim suit...Lucy continues to be a right bonnie wee lassie!
ReplyDelete