Those last few weeks in Utah were (as Lucy says) CRAY- CRAY! Danny was able to take most of his finals online so he was able to be home and packing a lot-thank heavens! I mentioned that we sold our couch and brought the love sac upstairs. We used it for a week and then realized that we'd just be putting it back in storage when we got back to CA. It has been in storage most of the time we've had it. We decided that living in California we would probably never have the space a love sac requires, so we decided to sell it. I wanted a rather expensive item from Santa Claus this year, so that helped me make the decision to sell it. For several days Danny and I relaxed in the evenings by watching TV on the floor.
Danny is such a great packer. He was so proud of our truck this time around.
Here it is after all the boxes but before the furniture.
When renting a truck I got what I thought was the same size truck we had coming over here. In the end I think I got a smaller one. Or maybe we just underestimated the amount of stuff we had. We got rid of the couch AND love sac so I thought we'd fit. The point is-we didn't. Danny had to dismantle the great wardrobe boxes he'd bought and packed and throw things into trash bags, then we had to DI what would fit-a dining table, the four chairs I loved and refinished, my show rack:(, end table and two lamps. Fortunately our landlords are missionaries in a poor branch and were able to give our things to people in need-so that helped a bit.In the end it was all okay because we were moving...
It was a crazy moving day and Bryce really saved us. These boys really earned their ribs from Pat's BBQ.
We stayed with my aunt Diana and the next morning Mom and I took of with the girls in the van while Danny and Bryce took the truck. We left at 4:30 AM and drove almost straight through to Truckee to beat a storm over the Sierras. There was a lot of ice on portions of the road so it was slightly scary, but we made it safety and the girls were ANGELS. I was so relieved:)
We went straight to Grandma Marilyn's house to stay for two weeks over Christmas. It was so nice to be in a decorated, clean house again!



No comments:
Post a Comment