I haven't blogged in so long, but after posting about the pumpkin patch I hated to forget about the rest of the month-and it was quite eventful!
The first week of October I took Lydia on a roadtrip to CA to celebrate Grandma Joyce's 87th birthday. We had a huge party with lots of family who came from all over to celebrate with her. We drove with becca and Ruby and had a fun trip. We left super early-at 4AM- and set a record by making it home by 2 PM. It was incredible.
I wish we had taken pictures of the decorations! Becca and I were in charge and we cut out hundreds of circles for circle banners and had pictures of Grandma everywhere. The house looked VERY festive:) We spent all of Saturday eating, playing and chatting-it was a great party.
That night I hosted a Minute to Win it group with everyone present. It turned out to be really fun and got the whole group laughing and cheering. Being Andersons, the rest of the night was spent singing and playing music.This was Ruby's party dress. Scandalous!
I had fun spending the weekend with one girl. Lydia thrived with all the attention from me, Aunt Katy and her grandparents.
I got a bunch of cute pictures of her because Aunt Katy was playing and making this face with her.
Lydia and I flew home on Monday. We had a great time exploring the airport and went on this revolving sidewalk about fifty times. She thought it was hilarious.
Reunited at last! Joyce seemed to miss Lydia a lot. She hugged her and kept touching her hair and face as we waited for our bags. I missed Danny and my girls and was so happy to see them again.A couple days later Katy drove to Salt Lake with Becca and stayed with us while she attended a conference. My kids were ecstatic and loved hanging out with Aunt Katy. One afternoon we went to Cornbelly's and had a great time playing in mazes, jumping and looking at pumpkins.
On Becca's birthday we went down to Springville and Joyce had her first close encounter with a horse. She loves them now.
Random Lydia.
Lucy used sponge curlers for the first time! She looks so cute.
Finally pulled out my real camera at the park the other day. We love having a park across the street and go over almost every evening after dinner. I just need to get my camera out more often.











Such sweet Lyddie photos! And the reunion shots at the airport are priceless. Hey--who has the photos of the whole group at Gma Joyce's? I don't even know what camera they were on..... (mom)
ReplyDeleteYou call Ruby scandalous when Lydia is sitting naked at the dinner table?!
ReplyDelete