Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Off to Paradise

Tomorrow we leave for Hawaii. This was a very unexpected trip. Months ago Danny's Mom and Dad invited all the kids to Hawaii where they have a free place to stay.  We thought we couldn't go because Danny would be in school and there are no kids allowed. As the months went on Danny's siblings all found ways to make it work and a month ago everyone was going except for us.  Well, we were happy for them, and decided couldn't stand to miss an adults only trip with the family. When I realized that my parents were going to be in Utah for a couple weeks at the perfect time we threw ourselves on their mercy and they very graciously said they would watch our children for us. With some clever flights Danny will only be missing two classes.

We are ecstatic. Somehow a last minute trip is even more exciting then a well planned one. I have had a hard time thinking of anything else.  We are staying at the same place we stayed for the "post-cancer trip" we took while Danny was recovering.  I admit that I will have a hard time being away from my kids.  Yesterday I heard Joyce crying from her stroller  as I was putting Lydia in the car.  I went back for her and as I hugged her I told her I'd never leave her. Like a sap I cried as I realized that wasn't true! I was leaving her for six whole days! The only reason I can go is because I know they will be perfectly happy with my parents and Katy.  In fact, they'll get a lot more attention than they usually do and will probably be sad when its back to just hanging out with Mom!

Danny and I haven't been on a date in months--we are ready for six days of lazy, selfish, indulgence:)
June 2010


1 comment:

  1. Yeah you two deserve it!! I'm so happy for you and that's so great that your parents were able to watch your girls! Have fun and yes enjoy being lazy and only worrying about each other instead of little children demanding so much!

    ReplyDelete