Friday, September 17, 2010

Irvine, California, USA

Last week we finally moved down to Irvine. It was a horrible trip. I threw up on the side of the road the whole way down, we got a ticket twenty minutes into the drive, it was frustrating. Fortunately things improved once we got down here. Irvine is the complete opposite of Davis. It is a suburban utopia. You drive on large streets that connect huge shopping centers to beautiful home developments. It is incredibly clean with tons of beautiful palms. I find it very easy to get around and appreciate having a Target five minutes in every direction. Danny appreciates Newport Beach. Our first day we drove straight to the beach. We have been three or four times since.  After years of driving an hour and a half to Santa Cruz for our surfing/beach fix, Newport is awesome.

I’ve been lucky that Danny hasn’t started school yet. I’ve been much more sick then I was with Lucy and mostly just exhausted. Danny has moved us in, made all our meals, let me sleep in, everything.  As of last night, we finally feel moved in.  Hopefully we'll start feeling more at home soon too.

4 comments:

  1. Can we come and visit you EVERY DAY next summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! That's quite the undertaking! God bless Danny. And those three cute babes of yours! :) How exciting and (sickening) at the same time. You poor thing. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, not a fun drive for sure! Glad you guys are by such a great beach..I'm sure it's the perfect place for your hubby. I'm glad he's able to take care of you, it's no fun being so sick and seriously the tiredness just makes everything all worse! I hope it just lasts the first trimester, we are so thrilled for you guys. You deserve all these wonderful blessings! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting settled. Irvine really is amazing-- You should go to Mama D's in Newport Beach...such good food at a reasonable price. Hope you're feeling good too!

    ReplyDelete